2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:24 AM
RobertR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

futil thank you for responding to my questions

Old 01-02-2008, 10:58 PM
philmd

For some reason, the update process would not start when I inserted the burnt CD. Any ideas?
Faulty files maybe during download process or could there be another problem?

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:44 PM
AndyShannon

thanks for the info, I actually got this software update back in Nov 2007 at another forum and installed it successfully in my 08 Avenger, but have a question and comment for people. When I did the update, i had the same problem someone else also noted, the CD would not eject immediately after the update, after finally turning the car off for a few minutes and hitting eject about 10 more times, it finally spit out. Not the end of the world but scared me a little when it happened.

My question is, ever since the update, when I start my car, maybe once out of every 50 times i start the car, i get no sound from the radio or sirius or aux, when i twist the volume ****, nothing happens on the screen like it normally does when the sound is working, i dont see a volume level indicator on the screen, neither with the twist **** on the myGIG or with the steering wheel volume control??? Strange, but I have to turn off the car for at least 5 minutes and than try again and the sound starts working again?? Other weird thing is if i hit the NAV button or MENU button on the MyGIG panel, i can hear a "BOOP" noise coming from the speakers, but no radio related sounds work???

Anyone else experienced this? Do you think I got an early release of the patch and if i download this version it may work better although they are both 9.561?? Just curious.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 AM
RobertR

Andy,

The MyGig in our 08 Sebring does what you are describing......at times no volume. I can change from AM to FM and Sirius with the correct display but novolume. Our Sebring was manufactured September 4, 2007. The other problem is asmentionedpreviously....after thefirst start of the day, 2nd, 3rd and so on the MyGig will reboot on it's own many times until it stays on??

I have not run the update and will most likely not for a little while.

I have not been able to find any information on these Mygig issues other than on this forum. I do belong to several other car forums and no problems have been discussed. This is the reason I am here owning a Sebring.

Good luck,

Robert

Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem you both are describing is what was happening to me before I installed the patch and was why I started seeking out a patch for the radio. After I installed the 9.561 pre-release patch the issue has (So far) went away. While the version numbers probably will not change from the pre-release and the official release, it is my understanding from talking to Harman that the new patch that will be released on the 18th will be different from the pre-release. So since Harman does not seem to change version numbers between builds it is quite possible that youdownloaded and installed a physically different version even though the version numbers were the same.

Anyone that has a problem with the radio recognizing the patch when its inserted into the radio, make sure that the folder structure on the CD is correct, Meaning when you put the CD on your computer and go into the root of the CD you should see 2 files and 1 folder. If you burned only a folder to the CD then you need to go deeper into the folder and re-burn the image. Also, make sure you don't usemultisession when you burn the CD and make sure you finalize the CD. If youdon't finalize the CD theCD will be written in a state where files can still be added to the CD which is fine if you were backing up files on a computer but the radio wont be able to boot off the CD in that format.Lastly make sure that you name the CD as per the specs in the original post.

Also, Whether you own a Chrysler, Dodge, or a Jeep with a MyGIG w/ Nav as long as its a 2008 you can apply this patch successfully. If you can wait, I would hold out for the official patch to be posted before installing if you are not having major issues with the radio but as long as you do the install correctly I don't think anyonewould regret installing this pre-release patch..

Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 AM
AndyShannon

Thanks for the info guys, well just to give everyone an update, i also emailed Steve at Harmon Becker at his email address listed earlier in this thread and he replied quickly and is sending me a diagnostic CD and 2 gig flash drive to download my system log files from my MyGIG. He says he has had several people report this bug but he has been unable to reproduce it himself, so I am gonna help them out to figure this one out. I think it maybe related to the remote starter on my car, but I guess we will see.

thanks,
Andy

Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 PM
needforsleep
Rookie

I received my CD's today for my REN and RER radios. They both were updated without any problems. The one thing I immediately noticed was that when you switch between media sources they initialize almost instantaneously. Before if you went from the HDD to FM or SAT it would have a 2-3 second delay. Now it switches screens much faster in both cars.

BTW way the REN was udpated to 9.0004.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Avenger_GA

Can you post a zipped image of the REN CD for the rest of us to us?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
needforsleep
Rookie

Sure no problem. I'll have futil host the image on his server. I'll make it an ISO file so that it's easy to burn to a disc.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:06 PM
mcinil

Futil, sorry I didn't respond earlier. Thanks for the updates and I am glad you and all the others post their findings. I will also as I check mine out. (When my Bride lets me drive her Christmas present.) Again thanks all. MC.

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update