2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 AM
fenderman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

Hey, is Jan 18 still the official release date for the update?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last I heard it is still the 18th.. Im pretty happy with thepre-release from this post.. It solved my shutdown issues and added a few features.. nothing monumental but it makes me feel a little better since I don't have to pull the power to the radio then wait 20 minutes just to listen to my music again.. i came really close to installing a switch that would cut the main power to the radio because it was so annoying and happened so frequently..

I really want to hold out for the next release after the 18th release so can start using my hands free again.. But I'll take what I can get for now..

Also anyone with Verizon Voyager phone issues, Go to your local Verizon store and have them flash your phone to the latest version.. Thinkthe latestis V06 .. Its supposed to change a lot of features and adds increased support for bluetooth.. I haven't had it done yet but I'm going to go an get it done soon.. maybe it will fix the uConnect issues.. In the very least you should have some cool changes to the phone. Unfortunately Verizon needs to do the flash and there is no do it yourself CDs out there.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 AM
fenderman

Hey, Has the update been released? Can we download it and burn our own cd?

Old 01-19-2008, 02:13 PM
futil
Veteran

I contacted Harman Becker and confirmed that the CD will be shipped.. As soon as it arrives I will rip it for you guys and post it. After thefollowing release comes out I will notify you all and post that as well. Unfortunately H.B. doesn't have a downloads page to download the CDs.. But my CD should be arriving within a day or 2 so if you guys can hang on a little longer I'll put it up asap.

I set up a spot on one of my servers for the updates and will leave them there permanently. I will regularly updatemy first post of this thread to include updates.

Also, Needforsleep was kind enough to provide me with the latest official release of the MyGIG patch for MyGIG radios without Navigation. I have that posted on the server and added the links tomy first post. So all you guys and girls out there with non nav MyGIG radios can update your software to the latest version and not worry about where it came from or if its official.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:30 PM
kevduke

Will this work from a memory stick???? This is my first post! Thanks for all the info everyone has given.

Kevduke

'08 R/T

Old 01-20-2008, 09:12 PM
futil
Veteran

Ok, I just heard back from Harman Becker...
They said the release has been pushed back till the end of the month with nospecific releasedate and when the release is complete they will ship the CD out to me.. So it looks like were going to have to wait a while longer.

A few people have tried using a USB memory stick to install the update but they were not able to get it to work.. (By what I have heard)

Also, While the unofficial patch has been more reliable than the earlier version I had in my MyGIG, and I thought it fixed the missing volume controls/System lockup bug.. But it showed up again yesterday.. So hopefully that will be addressed with the new patch.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:40 PM
rasalkhara

Thanks for the update. It loaded without any issue with my '08 Caravan. I'm still going to have to bring it into the dealer tomorrow for problems with my sound/nav. Occasionally the sound will disappear and the "Audio Controls" tab will be disabled. After a couple of starts, it returns. In addition, my nav won't activate. Looking at the system information, the "Database" section reads ERROR ID Tag not found.I was hoping that the update would fix this, but unfortunately it didn't. Any suggestions?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 PM
futil
Veteran

Yes.. You have described a problem that quite a few people including myself are having.. It was the whole reason why I started this quest for asoftware upgrade. The radio will fix itself with a cold reboot, meaning you need to disconnect power to the radio either by pulling the fuse or unplugging the radio plug in the back of the radio.. Or just turn the car off and wait a long while..

I was going to put a switch in-line with the radio wires to disconnect it because it was happening so frequently with me.. After i installed the update I thought the problem went away.. but it just resurfaced oncelast week.. The bugdoes seem to appearless frequently after the update even though I'm sure that is just a coincidence..

I am hoping that the release coming out later in the month will fix that issue howeverthe last that I heardthe programmers/techs at Harman Beckerare still trying tolocate the bug in the radio software code that is causing the problem.

So basically as of now there is no real fix for it.. But the issue has been reported to Harman Becker and they are looking into fixing it.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
rasalkhara

Thanks for all the info. Does that bug include the navigation issue? If not, it seems that the basic program needs to be re-installed. Are we suppose to get a system CD when we purchase our vehicle?

Sorry for all the questions!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 PM
futil
Veteran

Don't be sorry for asking questions... That's what this forum is for Plus I enjoy helping people which is why Ihang outon this forum.. Which i find amusing because I can contribute to the tech support lines at my job but I hate talking to people so I don't.. But I don't mind spending time typing to help people.. I think its because I can help people when i get to it and not forced to immediately.. ok, enough with my life story

The Nav shouldn't activate at the same time you are having the volume issues which is part of the same bug.. but if you are getting just the Nav not activating without the other issues then that may either be a different bug or the Navigation's GPSsimply could not contact any satellites (Or enough satellites to calculate your position)

The MyGIG is supposed to actually work from the factory and have all the bugs worked out of the system before delivery. Since it was assumed by Dodge/Chrysler that the MyGIG was bug free and placed into thevehicles with that assumption, you shouldn't need a CD tokeep your radio working.. so you were not supposed to get a CD for your MyGIG radio with your vehicle.

It would be nice if Dodge/Chrysler would put a MyGIG information page up with firmware/software updates or at least provide some known issues with the radio.. There isone but it does not provide any useful information other than outlining the radio's basic features with the intent to sell the radio and not support it. Even Harman Becker should at least have a page up as well.. But I suppose they want you to go to the dealer for all updates and support. Unfortunately the dealers are not usually given the updates in a timely fashion which sucks because there are serious issues with the radio that need to be addressed asap.

Nothing pisses me off more than getting ready to go to work, turning on my radio and getting nothing out of the radio.. So either I just deal with it or I will actually be late for work just to pull fuses and in the beginning I would pull the entire radio which I did 4 times before i even thought of pulling the fuse.. MostlyI just turn the car off and wait now..

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update