2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 PM
mcinil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

futil, I also noticed mine does the tracking but I want to think it did before. I still want to say thanks for your input here. MC.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:05 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, Thanks I wasn't sure when that went into effect as I just wanted to get my phone working and not have the radio crash on start up, So when I installed the original patch posted on here I didn't really check for new features.. I was just looking to see if those 2 issues would go away.

Day 2 in testing the software, The phone still works and is accepting and sending calls still. Since this was a 3 CD install and i only could install 1 (The Application CD) (CD 1)due to a corrupt CD so its possible the lockup issue would be resolved in one of the other CDs but I have not experienced any lockups yet (The missing volume issue),

One more thingI would like to note is that whenI release these you may have to contact Harman Becker to do the Final CD install as the Navigation update CD that is supposed to be installed last seems to require a code generated by Harman Becker which is based off of your VIN. Without the unique code, the last install CD (Navigation Database Update CD) will not install. However that is just for navigation and if you are on these forums looking for a fixfor the phone issue or the Missing Volume/Frozen radio issue then the first 2 CDs will fix that anyway without needing a code.. But I'm sure Harman Becker will send you the code after the official version is released anyway (They may even do away with the code in the official release although unlikely)

Since your VIN is coded into the satellite partof the radio I have a feeling that tracking you in your car would not be that hard, but even if that was true I really don't care if someone watches my car blip at 117mph to my job and back because i don't really have a life anymore anyway lol All I do is worklately... Which I am sorry for because I haven't had a lot of time to get on here and post lately but i want to let you all know how the software is progressing and when you will have it on your radio.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:15 AM
futil
Veteran

Oh, Needforsleep.. as for the uConnect tone after a call is dialed, as far as I have noticed so far (I have only made 4 calls with the radio since the upgrade) the only connect tone I hear is just the phone saying "Verizon Wireless" and then connecting the call.. that sound was being made by the phone.. on the end of the call I did notice the hangup beep made by the radio.

Since I don't usually make many calls while driving its hard for me to tell if they DEFINATELY removed the connect beepbut regardless I am trying to pay attention when I make calls to see if I notice any beep changes for you. I'll keep listening and let you know.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:30 AM
futil
Veteran

one last thing, krichek Even though I stated that they could have made a mistake in the note they sent to me, Reguardless I will post all of the non-Beta CD and DVD images after as soon as they are sent to me (2 of them are database updates) so you will be able to check for yourself because they have databases all over the place in this radio and they may have been referring to a different database update or maybe they were simply not ready to release at that time so they told you that.. or maybe you just talked toa person that wasnt in the mood to deal with your question.

Either way.. I will hook you guys up with ALL the non beta software as soon as its in my hands. I just dont want to see any more screwed up radios due to beta software and I am willing to risk beta testing on my radio because it so screwed up that i cant imagine it getting much worse.. I just became so consumed with fixing it that I kept writing HB till they made me a Beta tester lol but honestly im suprised they even want to talk to me anymore as I have written them so many times on so many issues.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:50 PM
HILLSEY

get this guys, the dealer that i bought my car from say that they can do the upload for me and all that to get it working but i need a microphone put into the car as the UK spec cars didnt come with one. they say that they can fit a new rear view mirror with the mic built in for £268.00 :| thats around 500 dollars!!!!! wtf!!! im gna go mad

Old 02-21-2008, 08:25 PM
krichek

ORIGINAL: futil

one last thing, krichek Even though I stated that they could have made a mistake in the note they sent to me, Reguardless I will post all of the non-Beta CD and DVD images after as soon as they are sent to me (2 of them are database updates) so you will be able to check for yourself because they have databases all over the place in this radio and they may have been referring to a different database update or maybe they were simply not ready to release at that time so they told you that.. or maybe you just talked toa person that wasnt in the mood to deal with your question.

Either way.. I will hook you guys up with ALL the non beta software as soon as its in my hands. I just dont want to see any more screwed up radios due to beta software and I am willing to risk beta testing on my radio because it so screwed up that i cant imagine it getting much worse.. I just became so consumed with fixing it that I kept writing HB till they made me a Beta tester lol but honestly im suprised they even want to talk to me anymore as I have written them so many times on so many issues.
Awesome, can't wait for you to post these up.

I think I might have an explanation for the other item as well. Where I live we have alot of new developments. While driving I can see the names of streets etc displayed on the bottom of the Nav screen just like normal but in alot of cases I cant get routing guidance to these streets. I'm willing to bet that in those notes you posted the one about using "unsurveyed data" is an update to the map database that will allow the Nav software to use those streets now as well finally. That's just a guess tho.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:49 AM
milous
Rookie

ORIGINAL: futil

Also, For any of you that get your CD stuck in the radio and for anyone that would like to totally screw their radio up by pressing the wrong button..

You can access the Engineering Menu of the MyGIG by pressing the 3 Hard Keys: SEEK UP - SEEK DOWN -MENU all at the same time. Which will allow you to test your hard drive, restore the system to factory defaults, reinstall corrupt software, Screw up your MyGIG permanently, etc..
I didn't notice an "emergency eject" function in the engineering menu, but there is a direct method, not sure if it'sbeen posted yet:

MyGIG disc eject

RER radio
Open screen
Hold the NAV button while pressing SEEK UP and SEEK DOWN at the same time

REN radio
Open screen
Hold the AUDIO button while pressing SEEK UP and SEEK DOWN at the same time

Old 02-23-2008, 06:42 PM
futil
Veteran

lol funny readingyour post nowas I was just going to post the manual eject sequence..

In the past I didn't want to tell people to force the face down to get the CD out but that's whats required and after getting a CD stuck in my radiois whatprompted me to try it.

The eject CD option could be in the newer software's engineering menu as I never played with the engineering menu before installing the new software.

Also Im pretty happy I didn't post those beta DVDs for you all(as much as I wanted to) as the second install CD just bricked my radio.. hence needing to manually eject the CDs.

But the good news is that for the 4 days that I had the software update installed, my phone worked so when I post a non beta version of this software you can expect your phone toget alongwith uConnect again.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:01 AM
nightshade72

The New Software appears to be much quicker. 3D maps are very quick to come up now.

Any idea when the updated NAV information will be out? In the NAV settings there is now a NAV database update option. but says to go to www.navteq.com and order it.

I picked my car up on Thursday and found that the software and NAV data was from mid 2007. I sent a message to navteq to see if i can talk them into one free update. 200 bucks for updated maps is a bit steep.. Also emailed the dealership and asked them the same question...

Anyone get updates sent to them yet? 9.705 is now being sent to people... there are also links to it being available for download if you search for it.. (hint, search for "mygig 9.705 download")

Great forum here, lots of good information...

Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 AM
obrienj

The Jeep guys seem to have the software update (9.705) and acknowledge that some dealers do.

See http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...724&page=4

Are we waiting for more than just the software update. What they have doesn't seem to include Gracenotes or Nav disk?

Regards,
Jim

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update