2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:40 PM
krichek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

ORIGINAL: obrienj

Kircheck,

Indeed strange. Is your MyGiG a Nav unit? If so, could you post the software level it has?

Regards,
Jim
It is a nav unit, I just bought the car last month. I noticed it needed the update after I got it but Haven't gotten around to it yet. It's still at version 9.556.

I've had the Mogul since late August Early September and up until a week ago it was running the original Rom with no problems. I upgraded to the test rom that has working GPS and EVDO Rev. A and still having no problems at all.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:34 AM
nightshade72

ORIGINAL: 2008SRT8

What I wish I could see in an update is the functionality of adding mp3/wma support (to play) for external harddrives that are plugged in to the usb. That way I can have a larger external that I can update faster and put more on.
I am very surprised that this is not something that is already working. I am picking up my Avenger RT AWD on Thursday and I read somewhere that it could play from a USB stick. (Mind you it was some review of the sebring and I imagine that the reviewer made some huge assumptions).

I have a 32Gb USB flash drive.. would be very nice to be able to use that in the car as well as on the laptop... one source for files so I can stop syncing them everywhere...

Maybe if enough people asked for it they would add the feature? I am sure it's extremely simple to implement as the filesystem support is already there...

Old 02-18-2008, 10:11 AM
obrienj

Kircheck,

My unit is at 9.561 and the Mogul is at the newest software level. When I took the car (BTW, it's a 2008 Chrysler Aspen) back to the dealer they called Chrysler tech support in my presence and were told that what I was experiencing were know problems and that yet another update was coming. Sprint, in effect, said the same thing. I've gathered from this thread that that is, in fact, true but there are delays in it's arrival.

This is the only major deficiency I have found for my use of the unit. We recently drove cross-country from NC to CO and the NAV unit put us at the door of everyplace we stopped. A major improvement over my older Nav unit in my other car.

Regards,
Jim

Old 02-18-2008, 01:31 PM
krichek

ORIGINAL: obrienj

Kircheck,

My unit is at 9.561 and the Mogul is at the newest software level. When I took the car (BTW, it's a 2008 Chrysler Aspen) back to the dealer they called Chrysler tech support in my presence and were told that what I was experiencing were know problems and that yet another update was coming. Sprint, in effect, said the same thing. I've gathered from this thread that that is, in fact, true but there are delays in it's arrival.

This is the only major deficiency I have found for my use of the unit. We recently drove cross-country from NC to CO and the NAV unit put us at the door of everyplace we stopped. A major improvement over my older Nav unit in my other car.

Regards,
Jim

I was under the impression that that part of the update was to address issues with Verizon branded phones. Since Verizon has a habit of crippling Bluetooth in its devices it doesn't surprise me that alot of their customers have issues. The only problem I encountered was the initial pairing took 3 or 4 tries before it completed successfully. After that it has been flawless.

I've received and placed calls while in the vehicle and the transferring of calls to and from the vehicle when entering/exiting works perfectly as well. If you're willing to use a test ROM version 3.16 is available (check ppcgeeks.com). I noticed no difference with regard to how it works with MyGig but it did improve some of the problems I've had with my Bluetooth headset. As an added benefit EVDO Rev. A and GPS are activated in that ROM as well.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 AM
2008SRT8

ORIGINAL: nightshade72

ORIGINAL: 2008SRT8

What I wish I could see in an update is the functionality of adding mp3/wma support (to play) for external harddrives that are plugged in to the usb. That way I can have a larger external that I can update faster and put more on.
I am very surprised that this is not something that is already working. I am picking up my Avenger RT AWD on Thursday and I read somewhere that it could play from a USB stick. (Mind you it was some review of the sebring and I imagine that the reviewer made some huge assumptions).

I have a 32Gb USB flash drive.. would be very nice to be able to use that in the car as well as on the laptop... one source for files so I can stop syncing them everywhere...

Maybe if enough people asked for it they would add the feature? I am sure it's extremely simple to implement as the filesystem support is already there...

I had e-mailed Harmon Becker about having USB support for playing Mp3s straight off an external flash/hd. They responded at first with that was a good idea, then apparently legal and safety jumbo got thrown in since I recieved another e-mail saying it could be liable to have an head injury from them being on the dash? So if thats the case why do they have an external source for plugging in ipod or anything that take a headphone jack in?

Old 02-19-2008, 07:54 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming soon to a MyGIG near you...

Name:  2561-9705.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  16.6 KB

I don't want to upload beta software again which this is, So after testing itand getting an official release I will post that for you all to download. I was told 2 weeks for the official version release.

Issues that this release will fix are:
-Graphics Accelerator for faster 3D Map performance.
-Sirius Speed and Flow information added to large metropolitan areas (Red, Yellow, Green Street traffic flow conditions).
-Process Data (Non-Surveyed Map data) will be used in the route calculation with a warning popup.
-Faster Point of Interest look up.
-New Bluetooth Drivers to fix UConnect phone operation including the Motorola V3m.
-Update of firmware for the 30GB (2008) HDD to prevent Master cylinder corruption.
-Wrangler support of Mopar Microphone using a CAN message of engineering menu.
-Play songs from same album in order of track number.
-A more robust application update download as well as navigation database update.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
futil
Veteran

Also, For any of you that get your CD stuck in the radio and for anyone that would like to totally screw their radio up by pressing the wrong button..

You can access the Engineering Menu of the MyGIG by pressing the 3 Hard Keys: SEEK UP - SEEK DOWN -MENU all at the same time. Which will allow you to test your hard drive, restore the system to factory defaults, reinstall corrupt software, Screw up your MyGIG permanently, etc..

Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
needforsleep
Rookie

I wonder if they fixed the uConnect "disconnect" tone you hear after your call is dialed?
I noticed that when I upgraded to the 9.561 the tone that is used changed and is the same tone as when you drop or end a call. I would think this tone should be different and since it changed I'm assuming it's a mistake.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
krichek

ORIGINAL: futil

-A more robust application update download as well as navigation database update.
Not that I'm doubting you but, are you sure about this? I've gotten emails from two different guys there at the Harmon-Becker email address and both stated database updates would not come from them.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:39 AM
futil
Veteran

I cant really confirm it at this time as I just installedthe app CD and haven't had the chance to install the rest since I received a blank CD and couldn't continue the installation of the rest of the CDs.. So now i am waiting on a replacement CD.I was only able to get the App CD installed so far.. I received 3 different CDs/DVDs 1) Application install CD, 2) Gracenotes Database Upgrade, and 3)Navigation DB upgrade.

The fix information I quoted was directly from the letter that they sent me for the Beta test so if its incorrect then its because HB screwed the letter up..

I was a little disappointed to find that they did not send me a replacement radio as promised, just the beta CDs, and I also found it amusing that my radio decided to become non responsive just before I was about to install the software CD.. So I had to turn the car off and wait till the radio reset itself before I could continue.

And there is no way in hell I'm going to tell anyone that my phone works now because every time i do, the next day it doesn't work again.. lol however the first and second phone tests for the day did work with my phone but that doesn't mean that it won't crap out tomorrow or the next day.. not to mention the other CDs are not installed yet. If the phone continues working with just the application update then I will let you know if the tone exists. If the phone continues working throughout the week then I will let you know if they definitely fixed the issue or not.

One thing I noticed that was pretty cool and may have been applied with the earlier patch (Im not sure because I didn't use nav after the first patch I installed) is that there is the ability to have trails follow your location as you drive within the Navigation screen so you can track where you have been and see if you're driving around in circles.

I can also say that the updates seem to take much longer with this update and I spent about an hour in my car installing the software update alone (Well more like 45 minutes)

As always i will keep you updated. I am just being very wary this time as I don't want to get people's hopes up just to say oops I was wrong because i feel like an *** whenever I do that..

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update