2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dakota or Tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:34 AM
InDeCLiNe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dakota or Tundra?

I called Helfman Dodge in Houston and He said that Dodge Parts are made in Mexico but assembled here so Technically they are made here

Old 04-11-2007, 06:47 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: InDeCLiNe

I called Helfman Dodge in Houston and He said that Dodge Parts are made in Mexico but assembled here so Technically they are made here
Dakotas, yes. Other Dodges vary - Rams, like I said in my prior post, are assembled in either the US or Mexico.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 AM
InDeCLiNe

Yeah so are trucks are American made just there so Yeah I still love my truck

Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker

horatio you should quit your union bashing, if it wasnt for unions factory workers would be making minium wage and 14 hour days. and just because i dont like japanese products doesnt mean i'm a racist. i dont hate anyone except politicians. maybe if you saw first hand what happens to american workers when their job gets shipped overseas, or when a japanese company causes them to lose their job, you might change your mind.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
heavyk298
Banned

Oh, I disagree with you, that makes me a racist. I said that I wouldn't buy vehicles from japan, and that makes me a racist. Whats next? Oh I have a *****, I'm sexist, give me a break.

If you're so hell bent ondefending a Toyota, then why don't you just trade in all your vehicles and get one, sinces they're "so great". There has to be a reason whyyou own a Dodge, and not a Toyota.

The american worker deserves to retire and have all the benefits. They worked hard. Thats how america is suppose to work, you work hard your entire life, and you get rewarded. I think you're just a bitter man, because you're not retired and you don't wanna work hard.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 AM
InDeCLiNe

Heavy lol dude wow hold on onesecond so Your telling me the type of TV you have is not from Sony Panasonic or the other companys you sir are ****ing dumb gtfo

Old 04-12-2007, 02:57 AM
horatio102
Champion

if it wasnt for unions factory workers would be making minium wage and 14 hour days

So um, why is it that non-union toyota employees don't work 14 hour days for minimum wage? Unions served their purpose long ago before labor laws provided basic protection. Now they're a waste of resources and they're the reason that the big 3 are struggling to make a profit.

maybe if you saw first hand what happens to american workers when their job gets shipped overseas, or when a japanese company causes them to lose their job, you might change your mind.
The funny part is that your unions are the reason that American jobs are going overseas - you've priced yourselves right out of your jobs.

Ok, why is it that a Japanese company is causing American workers to lose their jobs? Perhaps the Japanese products can be made with better quality at a lower cost, even here in the USA, using American labor. But horatio, you already said the Japanese products are more expensive, you might add. Yes, they're priced similarly if not higher and yet they cost less - which means the Japanese firms are running more in the black. A profitable company can continue to exist, to improve products, and still treat the employees fairly.

The american worker deserves to retire and have all the benefits. They worked hard. Thats how america is suppose to work, you work hard your entire life, and you get rewarded. I think you're just a bitter man, because you're not retired and you don't wanna work hard.
What? I'm the one who is running my own business, I'm the one who is working hard so I can save up for my retirement so that I'm not a burden on society. Your sense of entitlement is what's wrong here... greedy union labor forcing the company to bleed out so they don't have to do their own financial planning for their future. The American worker works hard and they get paid very well for it, but that's not enough, it's always more more more. This philosophy of working for a company for 20-30+ years and the company paying you for 60+ years is out dated and totally selfish. It's the 21st century, yet union labor seems to think it's still the 19th century. Get with the program here.

just because i dont like japanese products doesnt mean i'm a racist.
Oh, I disagree with you, that makes me a racist. I said that I wouldn't buy vehicles from japan, and that makes me a racist
You guys obviously have something against Japan. It's not WWII, which is long since past. If you guys didn't like Japan because they were long ago our enemies, you'd hate Germans, British, French, Canadians, Mexicans, and lots of others. The fact remains that Dodge is a German company now, and its products are manufactured by Americans, Canadians, and Mexicans. There's also the little issue of Isuzu, which sells Dodge products with Japanese names. But no, you don't like Toyotas even though some are designed and built here in America by Americans for the simple fact that they're Japanese. You can't blame the Japanese for stealing jobs, it's the American consumers who have voiced their opinions that they want the bar raised in quality that the UAW isn't delivering. Really we're forcing the jobs on them.

Take a gander at Consumer Reports some time. The blackand red dots tell a story.

If you're so hell bent ondefending a Toyota, then why don't you just trade in all your vehicles and get one, sinces they're "so great".
Textbook 3rd grade! If you love it so much why don't you marry it!!

There has to be a reason whyyou own a Dodge, and not a Toyota
Yup, I've already addressed it. Go back and re-read.

I'm still waiting for some sort of logic from you guys. Something better than 'I can't see it so it's not true'.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:05 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work in an automotive assembly plant with no union and I love it, I make $18/hour and 8 hour days. I'm glad we dont have a union. I hate those people who think the unions are there to help you. name one good thing they've ever done. usually after a factory gets a union in there, they are closed down within acouple years.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 AM
f0x672
Champion

i thought this was a forum about the dakota dakota vs. the tundra? [sm=sigh.gif]

Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
chris1974
Veteran

Does it really matter where the freakin thing is built and made??

I love my dodge period. I hump the tailpipe every night reguardless of where it was made.

Compare price, options, and preferences. Make an educated discission from there.

Just my opinion. And remember.....opinions are like ********.....

Quick Reply: Dakota or Tundra?