2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

So I lost to a Titan unfairly...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:14 PM
dak3.9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I lost to a Titan unfairly...

ok, here's the story. I pulled onto an onramp to get onto the highway and there was a guy behind me riding my ***. So we get on the highway and the guy pins it before I did. He rips over into the left lane and I pin it. I stay next to him for like a sec and he pulls ahead. My brother threw I/d off cause I was consentrating on driving. Its shifted back down cause I had it pinned. The speedo shoots up too 100. I was about a dodge ram 3500 ctd with an 8ft bed towing an 8ft trailors length behind him. I dont think it was fair cause he had his truck pinned before i relized he wanted to try a piece of the big bad dakota (my dakotas nickname that all my friends call my truck). This was a brand new Titan that the 5.6 in it.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Spidaman TNMC
Veteran
Default RE: So I lost to a Titan unfairly...

lol dont feel bad. one tried to cheat me in a race.....of course he dint kno 5.9 > 5.6

haha i killed him and sent him home with his tail between his legs

i noticed most of the titan owners try to race before letting u kno that its a race

Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive raced some 5.6 Titans.. they are pretty fast for there size, but not enough to beat these little v8 dakotas. I whooped up on one at the local street races..

A group of truckers came in...

Chevy 1500
Nissan Titan
Ram Sport 5.9
GMC Sierra

they came over and wanted to race me and my friend. I lined up with every single one of them and beat them by atleast 1.5trucks (this was with bald tires) and when i first got the truck i didnt down **** or anything.. just put it in drive and floored it..

the only one that didnt race me was the 5.9 sport ram.. not sure why?

Old 07-30-2007, 11:20 PM
dak3.9
Veteran

I'm sure if it was a fair race like if we lined up and went from a stand still, it'll be close. I got the 5.2. lol. It still has *****. Or if we were to race from like a 30 mph roll and did the horn thing, it'll be close. I'm not sure though, what do you guys think? It's easy for you guys to say that you could defanitly win cause you guys got the almighty 5.9l (I wish i had this in mine).

Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you know the 5.2 and 5.9 put out about the same amount of hp right? 230/250 not that big of a diffrence, and whats great you have the option of a 5speed, we got stuck with 4speed auto only.. 5.9 6 speed would be godly.

5.2 Dakota VS. 5.6 Titan (if you play the hp/weight ratio game) i would say you would take the win..

actually.. i just saw your sig you have 4x4.. auto.. more weight.. and i forgot im more moded then you.. he actually might win.. i dont know.. why dont you go find him and tell him you want to race and then tell us.. lol

Old 07-30-2007, 11:37 PM
dak3.9
Veteran

Haha, yea, i should go find him. The only mods i have are: 1. flowtech headers, stock y pipe, magnaflow replacement cat, and a magnaflow muffler 1 in two out. 2. Cone filter attached right to the black thing on top of the throttle body. 3. Very useless throttlebody spacer. <--- not even a mod. I did know that the 5.2 and the 5.9 did put out pretty much the same numbers but, i'd still like one. Haha.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:38 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya, 4x4's are a bit slower then 2wd's. mine did 16.5 in the 1/4. which isnt too bad for a 4x4 on worn out 31's

Old 07-31-2007, 03:33 AM
5 speed
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 5.2 5 speed with only a K&N FIPK and a hurst shifter with a factory 3.91 sure grip as the onlymodifications ran a 15.7@87mph lots more since then but no time to take it back to the track

Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

all in the gearing.....

Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Billiam
Champion

Those Titans are some nice *** trucks with plenty of *****. My dad just got one like a month ago, I took it out on a highway and putted around, I got to the speed limit and he said to slow down. I was like why? So I did, they he told me to stomp on it. So I did....that thing was probably one of the fastest accelerations I have seen in a truck.

Quick Reply: So I lost to a Titan unfairly...