2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

o2 sensor bypass

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 04:03 AM
wyatt_lish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I fu☹️cked up

I was in the middle of taking my cats out and just putting a straight pipe in and somehow the o2 sensor wire got caught in the sawzall and ripped them out. Now my check engine light, ABS and parking brake light is on and stuck on. What do I do?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:41 AM
Skreelink
Veteran

If your ABS and Brake lights are now on from chopping a wire, sounds like you cut the abs sensor wires as well. It's the sensor ontop of your rear diff that reads the ring gear for ABS and speedometer. If your speedo stopped working under 35mph, you cut those wires. You will have to trace and rewire them.

Old 02-07-2021, 08:09 AM
Eric Hank Jr.

Originally Posted by wyatt_lish
I was in the middle of taking my cats out and just putting a straight pipe in and somehow the o2 sensor wire got caught in the sawzall and ripped them out. Now my check engine light, ABS and parking brake light is on and stuck on. What do I do?
Not a big deal man, idk how long ago this was posted, hope you got it sorted out but otherwise just reconnect the wires and check all fuses in line with circuits you disrupted (might be alot by cutting just 4 wires)

Old 02-07-2021, 09:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Hank Jr.
Not a big deal man, idk how long ago this was posted, hope you got it sorted out but otherwise just reconnect the wires and check all fuses in line with circuits you disrupted (might be alot by cutting just 4 wires)
3 and a half years ago. I would like to think this has been fixed.......

Quick Reply: o2 sensor bypass