2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

hughes stage one intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hughes stage one intake

I bet a 5spd, with some mods and a v6 could kick some. You can go a lot faster with a stick. But than try a v8 with a stick wow would that fly. My parents little mazda with i4 could probably kick a r/t's *** and it's stock. Probably get that thing to 0-60 in about 5 seconds easy. 2nd gear your going 70 mph if you tap out each gear.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Durango911
Professional

It's all about the power to weight ratio. I took my durango to the dragstrip and lost to a grand prix gtp.(14.41 to a 14.82) It made me want to throw my new turbo on but I'm waiting till next year. I think it's kind of neat when people decide to beef up v6's. If you want a stock V8 throttle body for your V6, I'll pretty much give it to you! I doubt it will give you 10hp at the wheels but you never know.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:36 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

durango 911- I appreciate the offer, but im going to wait and get an f&b. they're dyno proven to be better than a v-8 tb.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:57 AM
5 speed
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im all for building a 3.9 but dont stop after a few dumb bolt ons and dont expect to gain much without a bigger cam, more fuel, head work or a computer program (b&g chryslerflash) there is no reason that with cam, headwork, headers and that intake all updated with a flash shouldnt get you near 300 at the crank but dont just talk about itDO IT! then youll be that guy on that other forum everyone talks about

Old 10-20-2007, 09:52 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

^^^exactly this convo hapens monthly it seems...

Old 10-20-2007, 09:58 PM
lil
Captain

One I did NOT say that was MY truck.....second if you take a minute and READ on "The Fastman's" site the 12 second Dakota is a the "Fastman 408 powered 12 second Dakota" "Only the 5th run on this setup 12.03 at 122 was my best to date Drove it to the track and got 14.7 mpg"--Scott

Old 10-20-2007, 10:46 PM
cleverusername
Rookie

(show me a V6 3.9L Dakota that can even hit 122mph hahaha)

i don't have many mods to engine yet, just whats on my sig. but with a modified intake, flowmaster and the superchips, with the rev limiter removed and in performance mode, 120 is not hard at all. the only thing keeping me from going over that is my own fear. i don't even see the point of going that fast on a bridge other than its easier to get away with it. if the V6 is winky dinky, then why did you even bother to post on this message, being that your above everyone else? why are you wasting your time, what is your point?

Old 10-20-2007, 10:57 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

rite all i hear on this thread is bla bla 120, rite

Old 10-21-2007, 01:36 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey lil, you sound like a typical ricer owner talking about power to weight. ive got news for you, power to weight does not own everything in physics. are you forgetting about gear ratios? what about shift kits? what about the power loss of an automatic vs. a manual? what about weight distribution? oh and some more news. your truck does not put out a hundred more horsepower than mine. I believe the 4.7 is rated at 235 at the crank. And I'm pretty sure you dont have the 4.7 high output, otherwise you wouldve put that in your stupid signiture, along with what kind of floor mats you have. Oh but wait... you said with your current mods. which is what?? a cold air intake and a flowmaster muffler????? RIGHT THERE'S 100 MORE HORSEPOWER. yea right. maybe if you had done some research you wouldve realized that a cold air intake on a 4.7 will gain you nothing because of the extremely efficient intake manifold and intake already on the truck. Or, maybe you wouldve realized that without removing the Y-pipe or third cat on a 4.7, you wont gain anything from any exhaust mod. I dont claim to be a genius on engines, but I know enough. And the only real way to make alot of power is with internals, basically meaning a more aggressive cam, bore and stroke, raising the compression etc. Oh and by the way, my truck is already in the 16's and its pretty much stock. In time, it will be faster than yours and most everyone else's. Why dont you do yourself a favor and just quit talking? nobody asked for your criticism.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:50 AM
englitrob
Rookie

Seriously? When did this turn into a ricer forum? My mods are better than your mods? Realy? I drive a truck because you can actualy do something with it, like off-road or haul lumber, not just argue over mufflers. Come on.[sm=boosign.gif]

Quick Reply: hughes stage one intake