2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

hughes stage one intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hughes stage one intake

lil, a 5.2 or 5.9 will always be able to make more power than a 4.7. more displacement= more responsive to mods like built heads, manifolds, etc. even if there were alot of aftermarket parts for the 4.7 that actually produce power besides cams, it will never be able to over take an old L.A. v-8, even if both engines are equally built. The reason the 4.7 took over for the LA engines was because it was easier for chrysler to design a brand new engine that would be more fuel efficient instead of improving the old LA engines. Plus they were becomming out dated. remember when an engine used to have a distributor? if you ask me the 4.7 is retarded with its new comfounded coil over design and the plastic intake manifold.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:54 AM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say what would really make me happy is if Dodge did a redesign to the Dakota again to like a retro Gen2 but like in a MaxCab so a bit bigger and get off the pot and put a Hemi in the thing....a nice 5.7 in there with the 350-375HP stock you would not be able to keep them in stock being you would prob get descent gas mileage and have a off the line *** kicking truck.......seems Dodge has lost their way a bit in the last few years on some things...and then they go and make a SRT8 Jeep.....I wish they could do that to a Dakota with a Gen2 look.....could you imagine a nice V8 with say 425HP....now I am drooling on myself hehe.....oh well if I hit the lotto someday I am gonna build one wild Dakota.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People have dropped 5.7L in daks I was thinking about it even the 6.1L hemi. My truck would be like no other. For you lil, as you have the 45re, you can drop a hemi in onto the tranny with pcm , will turn to 545re You will be okay. It will hold it. Drop a 6.1L and do mods you will kick the 6.1L hemis.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

finally something we can all agree on.. a hemi in a dak. they should really do that sometime.

Quick Reply: hughes stage one intake