2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

HHO Fuel cell

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Painless
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HHO Fuel cell

From what I've read, the HHO system pretty much makes the CAT redundant so moving the O2 sensor probably won't help.

There are some schematics on the net for a tunable device that will connect between the ECU and the O2 sensor and translate the voltage, I also think you can buy a box that does such for about 50 bucks, I'll see if I can dig up the schematic and post a link.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Painless

Ok, I found it, take a look at this rather large PDF:

http://free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter10.pdf

The entire PDF has a lot of very interesting information on the building of several different designs of HHO unit, plus on page 38 it goes into the O2 sensor problem in depth along with some purchasable circuits and schematics for building and installing your own.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:03 PM
nomolos1
Rookie

Painless, I also have a 4.7 dodge. Let met know what you've come up with. I'll do the same for you.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Painless

nomolos1: Sounds good to me!

I'm working this weekend and so have been doing some more internet digging, one of the major 'buy it ready built' companies around are the MagDrive guys, they have another PDF on their website which describes how to build an O2 sensor fooler for about 20 bucks:

http://www.fuelfromh2o.com/O2-Simulator.pdf

Old 06-29-2008, 01:22 PM
nomolos1
Rookie

Painless, Radio Shac has a resister that is a dail. You can mount this inside the cab. You would wire it inbetween the O2's output wire to the ECU. I beleave a voltage regulator may be needed so that the O2 doesn't keep increasing its out put to increase fuel to the engine.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:42 PM
rpowell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I got mine installed did the first test run and gained 6 mpg, then the computer started messing with me and I only got 3 mpg more driving in a headwind so I figure prob was really closer 5mpg more. I have reconfigured my system a little, made the supply fitting bigger to allow more HHO through, am switching to KOH for the solute, wrapped my O2 sensors (but will prob put the extneders on instead) and have ordered a map controller so I can "trick" the computer. If I can gain and keep 6-10 mpg more it'll be worth it to me. That means I will get 20-24 mpg city and 25-29 mpg hwy from a 4.7 quad-cab, not bad in my book. I have about $275 invested in this little adventure so far (including the stuff I ordered). I figure even with the lowest figures I will get a little over 120 more miles per tank which is a savings of $24 a tank (remember this is w/minimal results), so the unit will pay for itself in 2 months then I will be saving $100-$150 a month thereafter. The first year will save at least $1100 in fuel expenses with minimum results, not bad for $275 plus some time to learn how to work the system. There are guys on a forum I belong to that are getting like 40mpg in their F-150's and 1 guy that is getting 85mpg in a Honda. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:05 PM
nomolos1
Rookie

Rpowell,
Let us know what and were you find your device to trick the ECU. This is really good news to hear. By the way, Does anyone know the correct wire that feeds the ECU from the O2s. I want to put a volt/amp meter on it to check what it is putting out at certain rpms.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:50 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: rpowell

wrapped my O2 sensors
how did you do this, what did you wrap them with???

Old 07-01-2008, 01:17 AM
rpowell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe it or not, good ol aluminum foil. My truck uses O2 sensors that have 4 wires, which means they heat to determine their settings also. The foil keeps them warm and tricks the computer into running at a leaner state (less gas). This has to happen or else the computer will actually adjust the settings to get the vehicle to run at factory again. Most OBD2 systems must be tricked or controlled (which is my next tinker). At least this what/how is supposed to work. I'll let you guys know if I nail it or not.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:02 AM
nomolos1
Rookie

So you just wrap the wires all the way to the plugs, or go as far as you can?

Quick Reply: HHO Fuel cell