2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

probabally wont be around for awhile

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:01 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default probabally wont be around for awhile

since i dont really post anywhere else except here, and off topic only a few times. I'll probably be MIA for a week. going in for surgery tomorrow, ACL reconstruction. tore my ACL a year and a half ago and didnt actually find out and have complications with my knee until recently, so. give you guys a heads up where i'll be at. any gifts or donations for the truck will be much appreciated . haha jk. docotor said il be able to walk on it next day with the aid of crutches but i dont think il be getting up for anything except to take a leak or drop a deuce. haha

Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 PM
ibcnul8r
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had surgery on my knee years ago. It wasn't ACL though. Next day I was on crutches, day after that I was down to one (did that for about 3-4 more days. After that I was starting to use the knee (bending it, straightening it out) more weight on it etc.. After about 2 - 3 weeks I was back to playing B-ball. Today...no pain, but I don't play Ball anymore....I'm too dam old (51) and would rather be fishing or golfing. (lol)

But good luck to ya. You'll be back to your normal routine in no time. New technology is great. Just make sure they operate on the correct one and not the other. Or even worse.....make sure you tell them which knee so you don't wake up with a sex change or something. Too many scary stories out there....if you know what I mean.

Like I said, Good Luck!!! and make sure you do your therapy.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:28 PM
bpark8824
Champion

Good luck man, hope it goes well.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:38 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Hope you heal up soon and back to posting.

johnny,

Old 01-26-2009, 05:39 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

been there, done that. i actually played college ball for a while at Nebraska, but knee sidelined me after like 2 months. in the last 4 years i have torn or broken my:
ACL
PCL
interior MCL
patellar tendon
patella
fibia
2 meniscus'

all on my right leg, i'm actually due for what they call an 'oil change' on that knee this spring, where they go in and flush out all the scar tissue and cartilage that has broken free and is swimming around and causing inflammation and swelling. they've were giving me cortisone shots and draining my knee when i continued to play ball but that's bad for you in the long run so i just called it quits. good luck, just stick to the rehab schedule, it can be a little intense at times. ask for the heat ultrasound, it basically is what it sounds like, ultrasonic waves penetrate tissue to warm it. it's not like a heat pad, the warmth stays for a few hours and really loosens things up, feels wonderful when it gets stiff. best of luck to ya, and don't rush back, that was my mistake, and why i kept re-injuring myself.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:39 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

hey fox, dont sweat the surgery too much. my sister had acl and mcl surgery and they used parts from a dead person, she was walking around pretty good on crutches in a few days. she had that done last year which was her senior year in HS, and she had already gotten a scholarship to shawnee state in southern ohio for volleyball, she had to take a red shirt this year but she is going to play starting next season. I have really bad knees too but dont have any tears or anything. I do however have arthritis in both knees at the ripe old age of 23 according to my doctor, and will probably need double knee replacement by the time im 40 so im not looking forward to that.

rtdakota- thats cool you got to play college ball for a while, If it werent for my knees and overall lack of speed I probably couldve started at center in high school strictly on my rebounding and overall strength in the paint and a good turnaround fadeaway with decent range (im pretty much like a fatter, white version of Rasheed Wallace), but my knees had already taken a crap on me by my sophomore year. Now the only hardwood i can dominate is at a bowling alley (190 avg) and even that is rough on my slide knee. i have to ice it every night after leagues.
Overall, injuries suck... dont let doctors cheat you out of pain killers either. even if you can get by without taking them after the surgery, the come in handy later on when you're dealing with aches and pains.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 AM
f0x672
Champion

sweet guys, thanks for the responses. on that note, i'll catch you all later, peace.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:09 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by wink2873
rtdakota- thats cool you got to play college ball for a while, If it werent for my knees and overall lack of speed I probably couldve started at center in high school strictly on my rebounding and overall strength in the paint and a good turnaround fadeaway with decent range (im pretty much like a fatter, white version of Rasheed Wallace), but my knees had already taken a crap on me by my sophomore year.
you sir, have it all wrong, i played football. i am far to un-coordinated for basketball.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rtdakota2001
you sir, have it all wrong, i played football. i am far to un-coordinated for basketball.
arent you the guy thats like 6'8? thats why i figured you played basketball. I would have played football in high school, but i really didnt want to be on a team that had won like 4 games in the past 5 years and they wouldve just made me play on the O-line anyway. and who wants to play on the O-line? until they came up with "pancakes", O-line players like didnt even have statistics.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Spidamantnmc
Professional

dang...i played soccer....kansas offered me a full scholarship =)

Quick Reply: probabally wont be around for awhile