2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Limited Slip?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
MaximRecoil
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigreed91
quick question, this thread got me lookin at the lock-right lockers, first if im not mistaken my 98 R/T has the 9.25 rear end, second i'm lookin at what powertrax has to offer and they make the lock-right open case and the no slip traction system open case or limited slip, im just not sure which one to be lookin at. I want somethin better than what i got cause one wheel burnouts aint cool, plus tryin to get this beast to hook up off a jump is nearly impossible
oh and here's a link to powertrax listings http://www.rocky-road.com/powertrax.pdf
Find out for sure what you have for a rearend including whether you have an ordinary open differential or an LSD (look at the tag in your glove compartment).

If you have a factory LSD rearend, then the "No-Slip Traction System" is probably your only locker option from Powertrax. If you have an open differential, then you should be able to get either a Lock-Right or a No-Slip. They are both lockers, but the No-Slip is supposed to be quieter/smoother in operation, and can be installed in some factory LSD rearends. It is also more expensive.

Quick Reply: Limited Slip?