2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Trans Temp Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 02:30 AM
glwilliams58
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trans Temp Gauge

Here is a link to the photos. They were a little to big to upload.

http://share.dell.shutterfly.com/act...8AcuW7NyzbuHLg

Old 02-12-2006, 03:17 PM
erfigge

What are you guys using for your single gauge pod?

Old 02-12-2006, 11:16 PM
glwilliams58

Nothing fancy here. Purely for function, I mounted a single pod under the dash. It is a chrome gauge holder ($4.95 at DAP) that sits above my knee, next to my brake controller. Looking down through the steering wheel I have clear view of it while towing. Otherwise, I forget it's there. It was so unimpressive, I never even posted the picture with my other shots. I can tell you I have really liked having it there, and it has come in very handy while towing.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
erfigge

Well, reading through this post, I had a thought. The 8mm threads should be smaller than the threads on the sender. Now are the threads physically molded into the temperature sender or is it an adjustable slip nut setup? If it is an adjustable slipnut setup then should be possible to buy something the right size. If the threads are molded into the temperature probe, then I think it would be possible to rethread the sender threads to 8mm threads with an 8mm die. Just some thoughts.......

Old 03-01-2006, 01:34 PM
erfigge

I was wondering if anyone has had any updates to the actual temperature that their transmissions are running now that the gauges are installed. What do you think the temperature difference is between looking at the pan and looking at the test port\cooler line? My shift kit came in the other day and I want to do the temp gauge and shift kit at the same time, but I am trying to figure out the best for the temp sender. My concern is that if most people run it in the pan, then I put it in the cooler line I wouldn't have other temperatures to compare to.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Marko
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a single gauge pod that installs on the drive A-Pillar. I have an ISPro tans temp gauge that just about matches the stock dakota gauges on the 02 model year. The benefits of putting the temp sensor on the line to the tans cooler is that you get the actual temp of the fluid exiting the trans

Old 03-01-2006, 10:29 PM
erfigge

Well, I guess I was actually trying to get at what was normal temperatures in the pan and normal temperatures in the cooler line.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:33 PM
erfigge

Marko, what single gauge pod did you use? I am having trouble finding a single gauge pod to fit my 01 quad cab.

Quick Reply: Trans Temp Gauge