2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Custom Exhaust cut outs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:30 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Exhaust cut outs?

Ever hear anyone have a bodyshop cut custom exhaust cutouts with the exisiting stock bumper on a dodge neon. If i can, id like to avoid having to buy a whole rear section of an r/t or and srt-4, thats too much money i really cant spend on something so ****, if i could though, id keep my vibrant if i could put the tips in exhaust ports, its the only reason im getting rid of that exhaust system, because it looks so retarded from the back, EVERYONE makes fun of the way it sits, i just dont get what vibrant was thinking when they made the exhaust like that, the way it swoops way down and you can see the pipes going into huge angles to go underneath the bumper, its stupid, so if i cant get cut outs, ill just buy an srt-4 exhaust and be happy with the way it sits flush with the bumper, but id prefer to have the clean consolidated look of exhaust cut outs, looks real natural. Think this can be done?

Old 05-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Fantasticle
Rookie
Default RE: Custom Exhaust cut outs?

im not sure how far it swoops down, but its pretty easy to cut it out, all you need to do is trace the tips onto your bumper and use a sawsall or somethin similar. Just make sure you you have someone hold the bumper really tight for you.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Kapitald
Captain

it wont look as good as a srt bumper of course....but good enough..pretty close...

Old 05-10-2007, 06:40 PM
l_pillon
Professional

if u never used a sawsall b4 i wouldnt recomend it.....ur gonna chop that bumber right up....call some body shops and see what they can do

Old 05-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Mopar Mule

If you have a dremmel tool there are all kinds of little cut-off wheels and rotary cutters you could use. However, I'd practice on something similar or make the cutout small and then expand the size of the hole from there to make sure you had the hang of it before you try to make your final cut. Good luck if you do it yourself.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Mopar Mule

I hope my last sentence didn't come off as sarcastic. I sincerely wish you the best of luck and a steady hand if you choose to do it yourself. I don't see why a person couldn't do it with a little forethought and or practice. Best of luck. Let us know how it comes out.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:35 PM
blackflame
Captain

ORIGINAL: l_pillon

if u never used a sawsall b4 i wouldnt recomend it.....ur gonna chop that bumber right up....call some body shops and see what they can do
Totally agree with you bro. Those things are so jerky. I don't think you could possibly keep the bumper still with one. Get something with less shake and vibration. If it were up to me I would use a jigsaw but im not the best tool person out there haha.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:35 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

no no you didnt come off at that way at all...but i dont think id ever try to attempt it myself, im an automatic screw up with body work, but i called up maaco today, and they said he didnt have a problem with it, if it comes out nice, ill deifnately keep my vibrant, i love the sound, just the look always bothered me, if i could hide it behind that bumper and have those sweet tips hanging out it'd be awesome! Thanks guys for your input, its very encouraging and helpful.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Even if u get cutouts, I think the Vibrant exhaust still would look funny. I've never liked the position of that system.
Cutouts would be nice though.
Good luck.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 AM
mikesxt
Rookie

they exhaust shop thats install im magnaflow are gonna do the cut outs for me prolly with a sawsall...same with my firneds bimmer the people who installe dthe exhaust cut his bumper so just go to an exhaust shop or body shop its a pretty simple job

Quick Reply: Custom Exhaust cut outs?