2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

SXT to R/T

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Yako
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SXT to R/T

k so i'm thinking of doing a swap from my Auto SXT to an R/T..
so the post around only say what u'll need to do the srt swap, so anyone around here could let me know what i need for the r/t swap?

Old 10-14-2007, 11:16 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default RE: SXT to R/T

-Engine
-Tranny since r/t final is 3.94, sxt final is 3.55
-Pcm
-You might need the sentry crap and ignition from the donor car also, but I'm not positive

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. But, why do you want to swap to r/t? Just to go faster? If thats what you want get a manual tranny and swap that in there. You'll instantly be about a second faster in 1/4 mile. You can use r/t tranny or sxt, doesn't really matter.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:07 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Oh yeah forgot to mention, but you will probably have a hard time finding an 03-04 r/t engine. As if I'm not mistaken there are less of them then there are SRT4's. But you could always go with a different year 2g r/t motor.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Yako
Captain

found a guy around here parting out an R/T i just want the r/t engine cuz im tired of an automatic

Old 10-14-2007, 12:37 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

So, just swap in a manaul tranny.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Adionik
Champion

It's like...absolutely not worth it

Old 10-14-2007, 04:24 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Yako

so the post around only say what u'll need to do the srt swap, so anyone around here could let me know what i need for the r/t swap?
Depends on how complete you want to be... A full R/T swap would include:

[ul][*]Head/Cam[*]Intake Manifold[*]Exhaust Manifold[*]3.94 Tranny[*]ECU - (your VIN can be flashed, no need for new sentry)[/ul]The ECU is not needed unless you really want the advanced timing curve and have it control the butterflies in the intake manifold. You can control them with an RPM switch if you don't swap the ECU. You can also use any year magnum head from 2000-2004. Keep in mind the Cam magnet are different from 2000-2002 then the 2003-2004 magnets. Be sure you use the proper magnet for the proper ECU.

k3v

Trending Topics

Old 10-15-2007, 01:18 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

Depends on how complete you want to be... A full R/T swap would include: [ul][*]Head/Cam[*]Intake Manifold[*]Exhaust Manifold[*]3.94 Tranny[*]ECU - (your VIN can be flashed, no need for new sentry)[/ul]The ECU is not needed unless you really want the advanced timing curve and have it control the butterflies in the intake manifold. You can control them with an RPM switch if you don't swap the ECU. You can also use any year magnum head from 2001-2004. Keep in mind the Cam magnet are different from 2001-2002 then the 2003-2004 magnets. Be sure you use the proper magnet for the proper ECU.

k3v
I'll just add a few things myself...first, there is no year 2000 Magnum engine, an insignificant detail, but still lol . Second, since you have an NGC Neon that means your CR is the 9.3:1, so for a complete R/T swap you would also need the pistons (9.8:1). If you were planning on just swapping in the entire engine and transmission (meaning block and all) you have to make sure its from a 2003-2004 R/T, because an 01-02 PCM and block will not work on an NGC Neon. I think thats about it...

Old 10-15-2007, 01:31 AM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

Depends on how complete you want to be... A full R/T swap would include: [ul][*]Head/Cam[*]Intake Manifold[*]Exhaust Manifold[*]3.94 Tranny[*]ECU - (your VIN can be flashed, no need for new sentry)[/ul]The ECU is not needed unless you really want the advanced timing curve and have it control the butterflies in the intake manifold. You can control them with an RPM switch if you don't swap the ECU. You can also use any year magnum head from 2001-2004. Keep in mind the Cam magnet are different from 2001-2002 then the 2003-2004 magnets. Be sure you use the proper magnet for the proper ECU.

k3v
I'll just add a few things myself...first, there is no year 2000 Magnum engine, an insignificant detail, but still lol . Second, since you have an NGC Neon that means your CR is the 9.3:1, so for a complete R/T swap you would also need the pistons (9.8:1). If you were planning on just swapping in the entire engine and transmission (meaning block and all) you have to make sure its from a 2003-2004 R/T, because an 01-02 PCM and block will not work on an NGC Neon. I think thats about it...
forgot about the compression part... decking the head a bit could take care of that issue though. Better than pulling the bottom end. If i were doing it, i wouldn't worry about the ECU, but that is just me.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Yako
Captain

would it be worth it if my car has over 50k and the r/t less than 20k? mines an 04 the r/t an 03

So i would need the Engine, Trasmission, ECU, Power train control module (i think thats what PCM stands for)
so other things would be the clutch and brake pedals with clutch pump and lines, shifter with cables, anything else?

would i need the gas pedal with cables? wire harness? any Ac parts(compresor blabla)? brake booster? anything else maybe some of the stuff i wouldnt need?

LowSlowNeon was talking about just swapping a tranny, so how can i do that?