2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

glasspack or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:17 AM
nswap7
|
Captain
Default glasspack or not

Hey all, wondering. i took off my vibrant today and threw on the srt rear section that i picked up today. i didnt bother putting on a glasspack or anything, and was wondering if it would be better with or without. i dont mind the tone and all, but was wondering that without the muffler, does it affect anything do to back pressure. if you all think i should get a glass pack, what size. i like the growl and dont wanna lose alot, cuz its real deep at bottom end. thanks

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:21 AM
Kalevra
Record Breaker
Default RE: glasspack or not

it's loud, if you're cops are real ********, (more than normal) you might get a ticket, I have.

as far as back pressure you still have your cat so you should be perfectly fine. I was told you possibly picked up some HP but you havent lost much if not at all.

too much back pressure can hurt engine performance and life

EDIT: I love the sound and I have no glass pack

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:23 AM
AirWolf

I found my srt exhaust is way better with a glasspack on you dont lose back pressure much and the cops dont bug me for that at least anymore . Youll still have a really cool sound to your exhaust with a glasspack on and I would try a 31inch stainless steel one lasts longer .

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:25 AM
nswap7
|
Captain

ok cool. im not too too worried about cops cuz we got alotta ricers around here with even louder exhausts like my friend. and, i just accidntly slipped on my gas pedal passing a cop and it was LOUD.lol. i was just curious about back pressure cuz my uncle asked me since it doesnt have a muffler to retain, how would i have enough. i didnt mess with anything, it is basically the vibrant exhaust without the muffler.lol thanks

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:29 AM
AirWolf

Wait and see if the cops bug you and you get any tickets its not fun at all and if you do lose backpressure you can always add one . I loved mine for a yr and than some hick cops ruined that for me so enjoy it being the way it is for the time being.

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:32 AM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

if you're that worried about back pressure put a small glasspack on it or even bolt up the vibrant, do a quick run, then bolt up the SRT and see what happens with the time. truely it doesnt matter to me. the loss, if any, is minimal and wont be much of a difference nor will it hurt your engine to have less backpressure

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:35 AM
nswap7
|
Captain

no. he just told me to watch my gas mileage. and as long as it wont hurt anything then im good.

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:38 AM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

i've gotten 25-27MPG with my SRT back pipe I also have a CAI so yeah

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:40 AM
nswap7
|
Captain

yah. i have the same cold air as you. lol

Old 11-18-2007 | 12:42 AM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

lol. the only reason your gas milage will decline is because of flooring it now that it sounds sooooooo good you're going to want everyone to hear, you will soon be reving it up at every bus stop

Quick Reply: glasspack or not