2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Dodge Neon Part Numbers, Maintenance Intervals and Fluid Capacities

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Georgioray
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darthroush
I can get parts numbers for those, but every store carries a different brand so all the numbers will be different. RockAuto has them listed as camshaft and crankshaft seals under the engine section and there is a whole list to choose from. I think they have both Timken and Gates. Either of those should be plenty find.

Yes, the engine mount plate/belt tensioner assembly only gets replaced when broken. Usually it's the belt tensioner that breaks and causes the need for replacement. The engine mount plate is the large metal plate covering up the timing belt cover.

Just saw your question about the ignition coil. To me, it sounds like old plugs and/or wires. The way the coil is setup, if it were a bad coil, you'd usually have two misfires together on either cylinders 1 and 4 or 2 and 3.
Thanks again Darth you da man!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Georgioray

Darth I think I almost got everything I need to do my timing belt. I'm also doing all the engine mounts with the Mopar engine mount and the rest being anchor. When you say it's not a bad idea to replace the accessory belt tensioner pulley, do you mean the drive belt tensioner pulley as in Gates part# 36156? And since I'm doing all this should I also replace the accessory belts too and which ones do you recommend? There's so many on Rockauto and they're cheaper there than at my local Autozone. Sorry for so many questions and thanks again!

Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 AM
v793jt0

Originally Posted by darthroush
I can get parts numbers for those, but every store carries a different brand so all the numbers will be different. RockAuto has them listed as camshaft and crankshaft seals under the engine section and there is a whole list to choose from. I think they have both Timken and Gates. Either of those should be plenty find.

Yes, the engine mount plate/belt tensioner assembly only gets replaced when broken. Usually it's the belt tensioner that breaks and causes the need for replacement. The engine mount plate is the large metal plate covering up the timing belt cover.

Just saw your question about the ignition coil. To me, it sounds like old plugs and/or wires. The way the coil is setup, if it were a bad coil, you'd usually have two misfires together on either cylinders 1 and 4 or 2 and 3.
Hey man I am going to replace my cam belt and was wondering if there is any info on how long the cam and crank seals usually last since I dont have the proper tools to remove seal or the crank sprocket and was wondering if they should last until 190k to 200k miles....or if any suggestions advice when doing the job anything I may miss while doing the job or should be extra carefull for?

Thanks and sorry if I have asked a redundant question but I could not find info on usual life of seals.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There really isn't a set "life" of seals. They go when they go. Mine went in about 5,000 miles of the whole timing belt change ordeal. Some have probably never changed them and never had a problem. Others have had them leak before.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:29 AM
earlyre
Professional

darth - update on the Mopar oil filters
bought one @ walyworld last night - for $6.97
Part number is now 1-04105409AC or MO-409
and the new ones seem to be made by wix, just with a different ADBV than the Wix vers. wix is red (possibly silicone), mopar black (Probably nitrile) this is the only difference i could find externally, other than labeling of course, between the MO-409, and Wix 51348.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Jmisthebomb
Default Oil

So, I'm new to the forums and all...I was just wondering what kind of oil I should put in my 2004 neon sxt

Old 04-29-2017, 02:31 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What have you been putting in it? How many miles are on it? Does it use/burn oil?

Quick Reply: Dodge Neon Part Numbers, Maintenance Intervals and Fluid Capacities