2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2000 Neon JERKING.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Vegas Mike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my non-Neon car, if the vacuum line to the tranny is disconnected it shifts *hard*. Could that be a problem here?

+1 on the Fix the TCC wiring first. The wiring on my Neon was all screwed up in front of the drivers side of the engine, which included the TCC loom. Pulling the battery and tray or looking from underneath can check condition.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:07 AM
cheapez
Veteran

Originally Posted by darthroush
Two things. 1. Employers do check your credit. Those who are responsible tend to pay their bills. 2. What does that have to do with this thread (perhaps I missed something about Craigslist scammers in previous posts)? Let's keep it on-topic please.
Darth,
I'm swearing at the car. The bolts won't come out for me .

I checked the employer website, it was created a few days ago, no company logo, no phone, location, ... He tried to trick me, so I pay to see my credit score.

I keep it on the topic from now.

Last edited by cheapez; 02-03-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

Originally Posted by Vegas Mike
On my non-Neon car, if the vacuum line to the tranny is disconnected it shifts *hard*. Could that be a problem here?

+1 on the Fix the TCC wiring first. The wiring on my Neon was all screwed up in front of the drivers side of the engine, which included the TCC loom. Pulling the battery and tray or looking from underneath can check condition.
Probably the vacuum line to the transmission Vacuum modulator. I don't know enough about the 31TH to know if it has one of those or not.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:25 PM
cheapez
Veteran

+1 ^^^^^^^^

Brittany,
Some cars use throttle linkages, other cars use vacuum lines. They do the same thing (Shift late when you step on the gas petal). If your car has a vacuum line, you may have unplugged it when you worked on the TCC.
This vacuum line/vacuum hose is plugged into the intake manifold, and it goes to the transmission vacuum modulator.

Last edited by cheapez; 02-03-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 PM
BrittanyLeigh

The tcc wiring looked fine. Some of the electrical tape was mangled but none of the actual wires appeared to be damaged. I'm wondering if replacing my harness would be a good idea. Might be able to get in and have another look on thanksgiving. I'm interested in this vacuum stuff, could anyone provide me with a link that could provide me with more info?

Old 11-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Vegas Mike

On the TCC wiring, mine looked "acceptable" but ratty. It was taking a resistance reading across the TCC plug that found the missing insulation. I put an ohmmeter on the two leads in the TCC plug and I found an intermittent short. It read open but when I moved/wiggled the wiring harness, it went to a short. The wires that were missing insulation were inside the cloth that surrounds the wires - couldn't see it. PM me if you want to discuss the troubleshooting process.

Mike

Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM
BrittanyLeigh

Thanks mike, will pm you when im at my computer and not on my phone.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:13 PM
jay_2208

ive been trying to find the tcc solenoid male connector an cant find it any place ive looked at auto zone advance google rockauto an every place in between why can i not find the connector for the tcc ive found a couple but not the one i need pls anything helps

Old 02-22-2018, 01:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by jay_2208
ive been trying to find the tcc solenoid male connector an cant find it any place ive looked at auto zone advance google rockauto an every place in between why can i not find the connector for the tcc ive found a couple but not the one i need pls anything helps
Might try a junk yard. And please, use punctuation and capitol letters. What you wrote is very difficult to read.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:27 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jay_2208
There are links to parts manuals in the stickied threads section. It should list the connector number. Quite likely It’s going to be a Dodge only part.

Quick Reply: 2000 Neon JERKING.