2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

my car over heated again???? please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Customlimitz863
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car over heated again???? please help

well. last time my car over heated for no reason. it was cuz the radiator cap went bad...well. atleast that's the the dealership told me/..... now. saturday..on my way back from pickin up a 2.4 block and a dohc neon head and oil pan...the tranny fuid was really low.. 4th gear slipped a lil/./.// with was kinda rarte. cuz shortly ago all my fluids wer perfect.... so i think nothing of it and go the the auto store.. get some atf-3 chrysler dodge auto transmission fluid..and put in about 3 quarts......not fil to top. but fill enough...and start the car up... it start swithcing gears perfect with no knock or anything hesitation. im in heaven thinkin prob solved. now 30 min int the drive.. in lakewales. but suntrust back.. my neon start over heating. and i see some smoke(white smoke) coming from under the hood.. so i go check it out. the the thermostat making bubbling noises. and the engine coolant is noe filled and over flowing out the side with tranny atf-3 oil.. i noticed cuz the coolant bottle is nowe over flowing red liquid.........so now my car in parkled in fornt of my house. and i think i need a new radiator...... but so u know again./.. i filled up the tranny...drive 30 min. then all of a sudden.. i see the engine coolant bottle over flowing and shaking dramatically spitting out coolant and atf-3 fluid out the side over-flow whole...... please guys let meknow. if it could be the hose.. or line.. something. but im sure it's the radiator...is there n e lines. or anything i can check out. or look for that you guys acan tell me.. i can take all the pics you want if it'll help you help me out.......thanx laot.. chris.r.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Somethingdirty
Professional
Default RE: my car over heated again???? please help

Damn..... an '04. Is this an omen of things to come for my '05?
The dealership better hope not.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:44 AM
leadspud
Professional

sounds like the radiator is broke inside

Old 03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Customlimitz863
Professional

whoa. whoa whoa.. first and far most.. i wasnt planing on droppin the 2.4 block. and 2.0 dohc head on my 04 sxt....other use for those....i was just sayin. what my day consisted of....but buttom line... im screwed man... thing is. this car was in a accident b4 i got it.. and now im payin for it....n e ways. i was just thinkin of gettin one of those koyo aluminum radiators for about 300bucks. what you guys think... i have to get one day..and order asap. so please.. help me out......yeah i def think it's the radiator.. just sucks though. last time it was the radiator cap... for some rea son im thinkin it was the radiator all along. and and maybe the radiator messed up the cap......and now it's messing up too.....u guys let me know what i should do....thanx

Old 03-14-2006, 02:15 PM
bill14224

Chris:

Your radiator is apparently damaged from the accident. Transmission fluid and engine coolant flows through two separate sections of the radiator to keep things cool. Since your fluids are mixing, the two sections of your radiator are breached. Apparently the previous owner used some stop leak, alleviating the problem for a short time. Get a new radiator and stop screwing around.

Arrive alive,

Bill

Old 03-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Customlimitz863
Professional

im not at all... i called the dealer.... there doing the tranny flush for the price of the 16 quarts of atf-4 plus 5bucks.... and they're doing a coolant flush for the price of the coolant.......only real concern was radiator... they werr gonna charge me 200bucks for a stock oem radiator.. but i foun a half aluminum/plastic koyo radiator for even cheaper shipped next day to my dealer......plus there giving the car a full inspection free.. im not sure why. or if it's routine with work being done on a car. i just asked how much for one of those 21 point inspection or w/e it's called....and they said. they included it with the service... so even better...come 2morrow afternoon the car should be ready the chirp again..........ps.. oh but i also didnt have to pay towing. gotta love that AAA(non-promotional comment) lol

Old 03-14-2006, 02:39 PM
bill14224

... one more thing. The radiator cap was never the cause of your problem, and your mechanic is a simpleton. A bad radiator cap will NEVER cause you to lose tranny fluid. If you are losing tranny fluid and overflowing the radiator, you need a new radiator. Anyone who can't figure that out has no business fixing cars for a living. Who's your mechanic, Gomer Pyle?

Arrive alive,

Bill

Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 PM
bill14224

Glad to hear you got the problem solved. I would have gone with the OEM radiator... $200 for an OEM radiator is cheap. I wouldn't look for anything cheaper if I were you, but it's too late to change your mind now! I hope the Koyo radiator lasts.

Arrive alive,

Bill

Quick Reply: my car over heated again???? please help