2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How much hp can i expect?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:27 AM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much hp can i expect?

you all are smoking crack...

doesn't matter i highly doubt you will see over 145-150 depending on what ratio pistons you put in it... mark my words. Let us know when you get the dyno sheet, i'd love to see it.

k3v

Old 11-22-2006, 11:04 AM
fullbuilt
All Star

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

you all are smoking crack...

doesn't matter i highly doubt you will see over 145-150 depending on what ratio pistons you put in it... mark my words. Let us know when you get the dyno sheet, i'd love to see it.

k3v
ive already built a couple allmotor 200whp+ neons ive even done it to a civic or to. and by the way im considered a recreational smoker.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:14 PM
GrApHite03

I'm not saying it can't be done... There is a list here that shows only 9 people have done it with a 2.0l. Which one are you on there? Since there is only nine, i'm sure you'd post your dyno sheet to be one of the elite. Or do you have any dyno sheets!?

I'm not trying to bash you here... I see alot of hopes and dreams in this thread. That is fine, but someone had to come in and give a reality slap. The Dyno aka "The Big Let Down" They don't call it that for nothing. Never claim you have anything unless you are ready to prove it with a sheet or a time slip.

Every car is going to react different to mods. It is possible to make those numbers, but very difficult.

Bottom line, i'm not a d1ck... IF i'm proven wrong with a dyno sheet, then i will admit i'm wrong. no problem...

But since you guys are giving such high numbers, i'm curious what you think i'll get with these mods:

[ul][*]Iceman CAI [*]Unorthodox UDP [*]Magnum Exhaust Manifold [*]no cat[*]CherryBomb Glasspack [*]SRT-4 Rear Section [*]Magnum Gears 3.94s [*]SPEC Stage 2 Clutch [*]8.5mm Fire Wires[*]Screamin' Demon Coil [*]Grounding Kit [*]Fog Light Mod (or better air to filter flow)
[/ul]

also, civics are a different story... what motor were you using? B16, B18, K20, H22?

Here is one of my buddies all motor civic.

1996 EJ6
Engine Modifications:

-B20 (Honda CRV) Bottom End
-Bored, Honed .20 Over
-Endyn 11.5:1 Compression forged Pistons
-Eagle Forged Connecting Rods
-All new Gaskets/Seals

-B18c1 Top End (Acura Integra GSR)
-Supertech Titanium Valvesprings/Retainers
-Supertech Flat faced Valves
-Skunk2 Stage 3 Camshafts
-Stock Ports
-Custom Trick Engineering ported GSR intake Mani (No secondaries)
-ARP Hardware
-All new Gaskets/Seals

-PasswordJDM Carbon Fiber Intake
-DC Sports ITR 4-1 Header w/ TE 2.5" Collector
-Trick Engineering Exhaust System (2.5" w/ Magnaflow muffler)
-GSR Throttle Body
-MSD Plug Wires
-NGK Plugs
-TE Vtec Conversion
-Civic Si Motor Mounts w/ Polyurethane Inserts

Transmission modifications:

Acura Integra GSR Transmission
Borg Warner Clutch Setup (6 puck sprung hub)
GSR Flywheel

The car made 205.9whp...

I love honda motors... no torque, but thats why you rev to 9k

k3v

Old 11-22-2006, 04:45 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Original: GrApHite03
But since you guys are giving such high numbers, i'm curious what you think i'll get with these mods:

* Iceman CAI
* Unorthodox UDP
* Magnum Exhaust Manifold
* no cat
* CherryBomb Glasspack
* SRT-4 Rear Section
* Magnum Gears 3.94s
* SPEC Stage 2 Clutch
* 8.5mm Fire Wires
* Screamin' Demon Coil
* Grounding Kit
* Fog Light Mod (or better air to filter flow)
Probably around 126whp/130tq if I had to guess. There is not much on there that would amount to a lot.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:55 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

with what your claiming there it looks like about 135-145whp if you put the cat back on. if you leave it off with that much loss of back pressure 115 to 125whp. the other sollution if you dont like the cat is to over grind the intake side of your head. our you might be allright using a 3 way baffled muffler. ive only done two neons and theres one other that gets it around here but i got to believe theres more than 9. i never said it would be cheep or easy but it has been done. the fastest allmotor neon i ever say was in the 9s icouldnt tell you what hp he had.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:51 PM
GrApHite03

To prove my point, here is my dyno sheet for those mods:

http://www.fycracing.com/graphite03/...acing_dyno.jpg <- "The Big Let Down"

LowandSlow was the closest, yet he is the most realistic thinker in this thread. except for the 170 claims... lol
"126whp/130tq if I had to guess" <- Good guess, but i don't see how a head work and an engine rebuild is gonna net him 50whp over those numbers you mention. (keep in mind he has yet to give the compression ratio of the pistons and has yet to mention any cam upgrades)

I don't want to discourage this kid, by all means mod the sh_t out of it... Thats what we are all here for.

My thoughts... aftermarket TB bottlenecked into a stock airbox back into a upgraded head. Doesn't make sense to me. Upgraded springs and rockers and other head parts for what? Do you plan to over rev the engine? engine managment to do that? Aggressive cam? any fuel upgrads for that?

Its doable and can be done, as i mentioned before i'm not doubting it... I love when you said: "...quit with the all motor setup, boost it." I 100% agree

fullbuilt, do i get to see your dyno sheets? or are you just estimating those numbers you claimed.

k3v

Old 11-22-2006, 07:00 PM
stuff03
Professional

I guess i'll have to jump back in this post! I only asked how much i could expect, people gave there opinions, OPINIONS! Its not like anyone said, "i guarentee you will get 5000 horse at the wheel if you buy that crate engine from howell automotive! "fullbuilt" knows what he is talking about! he has alot of knowlege to back up why he thinks someone would be able to get that kind of hp from a performance built, TOP TO BOTTOM motor! I for one dont think that 200 hp is alot to ask of a 5000$ crate engine! Lets just all try to get along here.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
stuff03
Professional

this thread started off with a question about a rebuild using rebuild kits, and then it turned into what if i buy the crate engine from howell automotive, try and stay clear on what you guys are bickering about!

Old 11-22-2006, 07:06 PM
stuff03
Professional

And the reason why i want to buy the crate engine is because my motor now has 130,000 miles on it, it has become very week and it needs to be replaced, my engine i have now is not worth boosting.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:19 PM
winsettz
Veteran

On the dot-org I've seen bizarre things like Individual Throttle Bodies. How much horsepower you want is dependent on the research into the options that exist and how much time/money you've got.

Quick Reply: How much hp can i expect?