2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How much hp can i expect?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 01:30 AM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much hp can i expect?

There was no argument... maybe you were, but i wasn't. As far as the crack smoking comment it was a figure of speech and a joke. If i'm not mistaken you took as that also, unless you are a recreational smoker... lol A "Ricer" is very vague term and may mean different things to different people. To me its the obvious, but attitude and actions play a bigger role. I've explained the latter, so i won't go into that again.

Which brings me to my next question... You got a built bottom end and running 22psi and you haven't taken that thing to the dyno yet!? Is it tuned yet? The dyno is the first place i would bring it. you should see good power. congrats...

and as far as a real motor... because my goals for my car are different than yours that makes mine a fake motor? (here we go again) As mentioned my goal was to make SRT-4 power with little money. If i wanted 400+ i wouldn't have gone the way i did.

As far as me and the 26psi... i am not going to push my luck with stock rods. I'm pushing 244wtq at 10psi, i really didn't want to push my luck. My goal was met with that car. I'm done with it... Like i mentioned its 6000 miles away from me anyway.

k3v Happy Turkey Day

Old 11-24-2006, 01:30 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Wow. You're kind of a hypocrite there graphite....saying that arguing over stuff on the internet is pointless, but yet you continue to. Either way...I said 170-180 if he gets higher compression and a better cam, read my post. But if he did that he would most likely want some different kind of pcm or standalone to get some more revs to get more power. Otherewise if he's limited to stock redline then he probably wouldn't hit 170-180 then either. Bickering FTL. [sm=escape.gif]

Old 11-24-2006, 02:23 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

seriously though graphite if your still running a glasspack and no cat you might want to change that. your hp might not reach the same hight but with a little more back pressure you should be able to spool about 1000 rpms earlier and your 1/4 will be faster. like i said earlier in this thred i wouldnt put to much stock into hp. being that your compression is so low where do you spool at.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:42 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: fullbuilt

seriously though graphite if your still running a glasspack and no cat you might want to change that. your hp might not reach the same hight but with a little more back pressure you should be able to spool about 1000 rpms earlier and your 1/4 will be faster. like i said earlier in this thred i wouldnt put to much stock into hp. being that your compression is so low where do you spool at.
I hit 10psi at about 2200-2500 rpms. Not really too sure i want to spool any sooner than that. I'm not running a cat... I have the needswings 3" electronic cut-out in place of it. The glasspack is only there to quiet it down when i was tooling around town.

LowSlowNeon, never was arguing... just making counter points when i was told i have a fake turbo and motor.

k3v

Quick Reply: How much hp can i expect?