2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How much hp can i expect?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 07:28 PM
fullbuilt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much hp can i expect?

i hate to do this becouse it might get ugly. however your dyno was 120 i geussed 115 to 125 thats dead on becouse 120 is between 115 and 125 low and slow guessed 126 not bad for just guessing. and 2 the stuff03 was descusing a full head buildup and block build up if you check thoughs kits it comes with a cam. we did discuse compression.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:05 PM
GrApHite03

you guys are funny... why are you all get bent out of shape. I'm just here to be the voice of reality.

stuff03, no need to get your panties in a bunch. This is the internet, its a waste of time... Just trying to save you from any disappointment, thats all.

fullbuilt, i've yet to see any dyno sheet... so your claims to me are just that, claims. If you want to get technical, this guy hasn't mentioned once what stage head rebuild or port he plans to get, nor what pistons he wants to put in the block. Those two alone are a huge deciding factor. There for there is no way to tell what he is going to get for horsepower.

PM your dyno sheet when you guys are done. I'm curious of your outcome.

FWIW, i'd go with the 2.2l stroker crate from howell. good place to start.

k3v

Old 11-22-2006, 08:21 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

hes right the 2.2 is the way to go.10.5 with a 14 grind cam is claimed by gary howell to give about 176whp with no other mods. thats not my geuse thats stait from the horses mouth.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:24 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

Hey graphite, stuff was trying to get an idea of what to do.
And fullbuilt is not Gurenteing anything. Even if it all hopes and dreams why ruin them??? As far as i've seen through all of fullbuilts posts he knows what he is talking about. I know quite a few people with built motors, from the looks of his (very clean installs and bay) whitch does tell alot of a person, he knows what he's doing. 200 ponys out of a crate engine is VERY possibly...... with the right people working on it. thats my 2 cents!!! stuff, good luck with the build, i just got my extra motor to put in the garage and start building!!

Old 11-22-2006, 08:25 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

wow i cant spell worth a sh*t!!!! oh well

Old 11-22-2006, 09:52 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: NHARINTON

Hey graphite, stuff was trying to get an idea of what to do.
And fullbuilt is not Gurenteing anything. Even if it all hopes and dreams why ruin them??? As far as i've seen through all of fullbuilts posts he knows what he is talking about. I know quite a few people with built motors, from the looks of his (very clean installs and bay) whitch does tell alot of a person, he knows what he's doing. 200 ponys out of a crate engine is VERY possibly...... with the right people working on it. thats my 2 cents!!! stuff, good luck with the build, i just got my extra motor to put in the garage and start building!!
You are absolutly right... It is very possible. All i'm saying is that the numbers that were quoted to him from his first post are off. And its gonna take alot more than $4000 that he mentioned he has.

Hopes and dreams, there is nothing wrong with that... but you have to be realistic at some point. I'm trying to prevent this guy from being let down. To be honest, he can take his, well earned i'm sure, $4000 and trade his car in for a used 04-05 SRT-4 and get alot more power out of that and do exactly what he wants to do to that civic on his *** on the highway. $4000 and his car and his payments would be real cheap. There are other options too... the one mentioned may not be his cup of tea.

Like myself, i wanted to make SRT-4 power with a neon SXT, and do it for less than the cost of an SRT-4. I could have bought an SRT-4 instead, but i had a goal. I paid $11,900 for my car brand new and put just a tad under $3000. I met my goal... Now if i can only sell the damn thing. Its doing me no good 6000 miles away. I haven't even seen the thing in 9 months.

Stuff, do what makes you happy man... No hard feeling at all here, i just hate mis-information. I will continue to add my $.02 when i see it posted. Have fun with your build, and don't forget to hit the dyno and let us know what it makes when your finished.

Remember, claiming horsepower without actually knowing it is a real ricer move.

k3v

Old 11-22-2006, 10:09 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

yes i make alot of ricer moves but at least i do it with a real turbo.and you havent adressed the fact that i did peg your dyno run with my guess.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:31 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: fullbuilt

yes i make alot of ricer moves but at least i do it with a real turbo.and you havent adressed the fact that i did peg your dyno run with my guess.
Do you want a cookie? give me you address, cuz i make a killer oatmeal raisin... Your trying to get in a pissin' match with me and its not going to happen. I got better things to do...

You mention a "real turbo"... [8D] Mine is fake your telling me? Your funny, my fake turbo probably put down more hp and torque than your "real turbo". Go ahead, mention i'm boosting 10psi... What are you boosting? 8psi at stock compression? Seeing your 8psi @ 9.8:1 should make more horsepower than my 10psi at sub 8:1 compression. And yes my spacer and two gaskets almost dropped me two full compression points. But at least you use a "real turbo" right!?

Oh, and my fake turbo... makes more power at 5-8 less psi, one less cam, and .4l less displacement than the car it was designed for.

So if you want me to address you on your guess... i'll adress my comment posted earlier to you.

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

"126whp/130tq if I had to guess" <- Good guess, but i don't see how a head work and an engine rebuild is gonna net him 50whp over those numbers you mention. (keep in mind he has yet to give the compression ratio of the pistons and has yet to mention any cam upgrades)
With that said, will you address my request to see dyno sheets for the 2 all motor 200+hp neons you built? How about your current turbo neon?

Otherwise calm yourself... Like i mentioned in an earlier post, this is the internet. No need to get all crazy through the keyboard. Tomorrow's a holiday, enjoy yourself! Eats turkey, drink beer, watch football, and go to sleep... Its the best day of the year!!

k3v

Old 11-23-2006, 12:09 AM
fullbuilt
All Star

You mention a "real turbo"... [8D] Mine is fake your telling me? Your funny, my fake turbo probably put down more hp and torque than your "real turbo". Go ahead, mention i'm boosting 10psi... What are you boosting? 8psi at stock compression? Seeing your 8psi @ 9.8:1 should make more horsepower than my 10psi at sub 8:1 compression. And yes my spacer and two gaskets almost dropped me two full compression points.
the answer is yes 8psi at 9.8:1 would produce more power than 10psi at less than 8:1. however im 8.6 with 22psi but i didnt use some gasket trick to get mine low. if you wanna see real motor click on my pics.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:41 AM
fullbuilt
All Star

tring to get away fron the argument. if you are below 8 than you should be able to run quiet a bit more than 10psi. a good rule of thumb is to start at 6psi and for every .1 compresion you drop you should add 2psi. so if you drop 1 comp you should run 26psi using the proper feul of course. the objective is to get your compresion as high as you can safely while using as much psi as your turbo can produce. PS you shouldnt go around the site calling people crackheads and ricers.

Quick Reply: How much hp can i expect?