2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

filled the tank with diesel.

15.5MPG this fillup. I'm quite pleased with that considering the last fillup was 13MPG

I adjusted the timing and boost scale in my tuning and saw a decent increase in economy

I always hand calculate based on GPS mileage and reset the mileage in GPS every fillup.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:33 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Arde
Running a locker in the front on the street takes a little getting used too from what I understand. It'll be a cold day in hell before I'm using 4WD on the street around here. The front LSD gives me 4WD and not 3WD when I"m using it. In 2WD it's all the same.
Yes it will drive different and take some getting used to. I had a DL up front for many a year. If you are thinking of doing a part time hub kit/swap pm me (so as not to go to far off topic here) I have a few cheap ways to do it.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,263 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Originally Posted by Arde
Running a locker in the front on the street takes a little getting used too from what I understand. It'll be a cold day in hell before I'm using 4WD on the street around here. The front LSD gives me 4WD and not 3WD when I"m using it. In 2WD it's all the same.
Clutch style 'posi' unit. That is going to have the side effect of your front driveshaft turning all the time, whether you are in 4wd or not. Minor effect on fuel mileage...... not sure how it is going to affect the lifespan of the clutches..... (drivers side clutches will be holding the load for spinning the driveshaft.)

Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Clutch style 'posi' unit. That is going to have the side effect of your front driveshaft turning all the time, whether you are in 4wd or not. Minor effect on fuel mileage...... not sure how it is going to affect the lifespan of the clutches..... (drivers side clutches will be holding the load for spinning the driveshaft.)
Is front drive shaft not supposed to spin when in 2wd? Mine always does?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,263 Likes on 3,010 Posts

No, it shouldn't. Wonder if your cad isn't completely disengaging.

Although, I suppose... while you are driving down the road, one of two things is going to spin, (or a little of both) driveshaft, or intermediate axle on the passenger side of the font axle....... whichever spins easiest would be my guess.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Jigabop
Champion

think the newer xfer cases do...thought that started in 3rd gen though...

mine doesn't unless you engage the xfer case.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
No, it shouldn't. Wonder if your cad isn't completely disengaging.

Although, I suppose... while you are driving down the road, one of two things is going to spin, (or a little of both) driveshaft, or intermediate axle on the passenger side of the font axle....... whichever spins easiest would be my guess.
I should be able to feel that when turning though shouldn't I? I had never thought much of it til you mentioned that. Possible some kind of limited slip device installed? I don't think its a one legger as ive had mud flying from both sides at same time.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:57 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Johnn123
I should be able to feel that when turning though shouldn't I? I had never thought much of it til you mentioned that. Possible some kind of limited slip device installed? I don't think its a one legger as ive had mud flying from both sides at same time.
Time to buy a GoPro.

Drove it to lunch. It got poured on while eating, so some of the bird and tree crap got rinsed off. lmao

Old 09-03-2013, 04:26 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Got my exhaust pipe welded on permanently, no more troubles with it coming off

IT's alot quieter now.

Drove it a bit today, always gotta watch my foot, it has no problem making over the speed limit, and I've gotta be really careful I'm not speeding.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:31 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

^Same problem with speeding here in the 76

Speaking of which, I was playing with the metering rods....got it a tad richer. Then it backfired on me.

No fire, just took out the hearing in my right ear. lol Too bad since it sounded so meaty after I did that.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?