2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 10:00 PM
dman12323
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its been awhile since I last harassed yall, Guess its time to start up again. What I did today for my Ram: Ordered new tires and rims from a 2500,Finished my custom Plexiglass headlights,Added puddle lights. Also inspected the Tranny fluid only to find dirt same with the diff,and ordered some shiny chrome reservoirs for my shocks. And just got the new heater core in just in time for the winter,surprisingly its getting cold in AZ.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Cut the muffler off about an hour ago too, very throaty, but a bit too loud, going to replace it with something eventually. Checking out shops on Monday for tires too, thinking of getting 265/75R16's if the price is right. My rears are bald, got a little too V8 happy

Old 10-19-2013, 10:39 PM
odzmaker
Rookie

New (used) tool Box , and Vinyl Lettering .

Old 10-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

finished my hvac job on the ram yesterday.

both heater core and evap core were replaced, also last week I broke a blend door and damper door as well as the lever that moves it while trying to get the hvac box back together. replaced all 3 of those as well with brand new ones.

got the hvac box put back together, replaced the drain seal with a new one, then reinstalled the hvac box and dash.

also replaced the AC line that cracked, and discovered that the accumulator/dryer had a broken quick connect fitting, so I replaced the accumulator/dryer as well. hvac is working 100% better now, more air flow, no more fogging up the windshield, and the heat works great now!

still need to recharge the AC, so I have the a/c compressor wires unplugged for now till I get it to my buddies shop to have it recharged.

couple pics from finishing up:

new drain seal! (100x better than the old crushed and deformed one)
Name:  20131019_124406_zps9e6db44a.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  81.4 KB

almost back together!
Name:  20131019_143144_zpsf087e65c.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  72.7 KB

y'all have already seen plenty of pics of my dash 100% back together, so I figured why bother taking a finished pic...looks the same as before, except the major components of the hvac are new, and I cleaned up the dirt buildup on the firewall behind the dash before bolting the dash back up.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:04 PM
topkin
Veteran

^ woooo... talk about a project. I've helped on a few of these jobs on other vehicals, very tedious, nice job.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 PM
rollinlow
Professional

stripped the rear window tint, new rams head on the back window, changed headlight bulbs, resealed drivers rear window, put a new glass in the drivers door taking it next monday for a double layer of 5 % all around.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Bad_Moose
Rookie

Did the plenum this weekend.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Put on a Thrush Glass pack and really liked the outcome; wasn't expecting much, but got what the sound I was looking for.

Also, drove it on the highway for a total of 250KM and my gas gauge hasn't moved... which means I'll have to wack the top of the tank to see if it'll loosen up the floater, or start spraying the bed bolts, the tank is full and I don't feel like having it drop on me or smash into the ground, no thanks.

Or for the hell of it, top it off again and see if that helps

Old 10-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more hvac issues...likely another casualty of the leaking heater core...blend door actuator motor decided to stop working (I have no temperature control, just straight hot air) so I gotta pull it off and test it to see if it really is dead, or if its a bad ****, or a wire disconnect/break somewhere...there is anti-freeze residue around the seam of it though which leads me to believe the original heater core leak killed it. it worked the first day I had it back together, but hasn't worked since that.

at least I don't have to pull the dash for this one, but its still not easy to get to one of its screws...

vent control all works perfect though, have no problem changing vents, so all the vacuum operated stuff is working properly, and obviously the wiring harnesses are both hooked up because I can control fan speed just fine. but no temp control which is also electronically controlled, so pull and test is all I can do since there is no fuse or relay I can find labeled for hvac or temp control...

checked both under hood and in drivers side fuse block in the cab as well.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
topkin
Veteran

Put my new rebuilt transmission from Jasper in. Didn't even have to drop the exhaust for the removal or the instal

Back on the road.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?