2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cut the wires to my IAT/ECT fooler and put color coded spade and bullet connectors on the ends where I cut so I could move the controller inside the cab but have it removable if I ever need to remove it from the truck.

the harness ends that plug into the IAT sensor and harness + ECT sensor and harness are too large to fit through the firewall, so wires had to be cut and made easy to connect/disconnect.

also made it dummy proof so they couldn't be hooked up the wrong way.

there are 5 wires total for the fooler, used a bullet connector for the odd wire, and blue/red sealed spade connectors for the other 4 wires. each pair has its own color, and each side has a male and female connector to prevent crossing the wires.

works great and the controller is now in the cab mounted behind the steering wheel on the dash.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:12 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

used it to haul some blown down pine last night. pics are in the pic ***** thread!

Old 11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
FireDodge
Captain

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
had an oil change done while at work today. was having odd oil psi issues yesterday. turned out my piston rings are most likely non-existent. pretty pissed about it, considering the amount of money i just put into it.
This is the exact reason I'm doing my current build. I bought a junkyard motor two years ago (was told it had good compression) put all new head and intake gaskets on and now it rolls smoke (blue) like an overfueled Cummins! But I just did stock bottom end stuff. Machine shop checked everything over so I'm good!

Old 11-25-2013, 05:20 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by FireDodge
This is the exact reason I'm doing my current build. I bought a junkyard motor two years ago (was told it had good compression) put all new head and intake gaskets on and now it rolls smoke (blue) like an overfueled Cummins! But I just did stock bottom end stuff. Machine shop checked everything over so I'm good!
ive been in contact with merc, and will be doing some diagnosing.. need to get my exhaust system back together. looks like i may be losing the longtubes.

oh well, ill have an even more stout motor come spring!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 PM
jeff618
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week I ordered some new wiper blades from wipers123 cause they emailed me my annual inspection notice. Tried the new trico ice winter beam blades. Put them on thursday and had 20 degree temps over the weekend and got our first snow in WI today. THEY ARE AWESOME!! Much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much better than the old winter wipers with the rubber covering them. Bring on the WI winter!!

Old 11-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Jigabop
Champion

pics from IAT fooler install:

new connectors and dash mount
Name:  20131125_115106_zps62bb3381.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  131.2 KB
Name:  20131125_115018_zpsb6f6f821.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  148.5 KB

used 3M double sided tape on that bitch

Old 11-25-2013, 11:50 PM
dman12323
Veteran

So I just got finished installing my 2inch body lift on the cab of my Ram and GODM*TH*R F*CK*ND*MN!!!! Got started at about 2pm after I got out of school rushed home and got the cab all lifted and stuff and now I still have to finished the bed,fan shroud,Fuel neck,and the bumpers. I took a look at the bumpers and my not to fond of them already. The bolts im just going to cutoff with my angle grinder. Man I didn't know installing a body lift was so tedious and extensive. And the instructions only come in words and dont explain jack crap about the body lift install im kinda just winging it. oh well,enough Rant till tomorrow...

Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Jigabop
Champion

body lifts

just throw lift blocks between the rear springs and axle and leveling spacers in the front above the springs...

Old 11-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Went to start it up, ran for a few seconds then died. Checked everything over, everything looked good, tried to fire up again, died again, gave it some gas the next time and it ran, no weird noises or anything out of the ordinary. Drove to work while giving it gas so it wouldn't die, shut it down and tested the battery, was about 50% charge, tried to let it idle, nothing, so I let it sit until now, then fired right up. Got another battery and noticed the + terminal was loose.... Oh well, have a brand new battery in now

Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

finished cutting and hauling the pine tonight. total of 4 loads... looks to be 3-4 cords of pine!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?