2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Watched her sit alone and lonely as i drove off in m fuel efficient car

Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM
JRedRam
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
I love that stuff for coating things, but not for a rubberized liner. I used it on my plate steel bumper on my old '95 and it looked great, didn't chip, and gave a nice grip surface for standing on.
I agree with you. There's no way it'll actually stand a load. I have a completely different question though; What brand are the headlights on there in the picture? I've looked for a nice 1 piece lamp but they all seem to have some inaccuracies with the dimensions but your lamps look like a night tight and perfect fit

Any help would be great! Thanks man!

Old 12-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fixed it saturday afternoon. Replaced both the upper and lower radiator hoses.

also got sick of using pliers on those stupid hose clamps and finally bought the right tool for it.

they make the job so much easier!!!

though that big hose clamp you gotta be careful with cause it can close down too much when it is not on a stiff hose that it will have the fingers spread too far apart for the pliers to grab, and then you gotta use channel locks on it to be able to get the proper clamp pliers on it.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
he either scrapped the bumper, or sold it. he got into a fender bender with it...
I actually straightened it out and gave it to a friend. After the wreck only the side plate was slightly tweaked, and the coating just needed to be touched up. That bumper kept us from getting hurt in a 35mph front end impact.

Originally Posted by JRedRam
I agree with you. There's no way it'll actually stand a load. I have a completely different question though; What brand are the headlights on there in the picture? I've looked for a nice 1 piece lamp but they all seem to have some inaccuracies with the dimensions but your lamps look like a night tight and perfect fit

Any help would be great! Thanks man!
I don't know what the brand was, they were cheap, I wanna say I paid like $103 shipped off ebay haha.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
fixed it saturday afternoon. Replaced both the upper and lower radiator hoses.

also got sick of using pliers on those stupid hose clamps and finally bought the right tool for it.

they make the job so much easier!!!

though that big hose clamp you gotta be careful with cause it can close down too much when it is not on a stiff hose that it will have the fingers spread too far apart for the pliers to grab, and then you gotta use channel locks on it to be able to get the proper clamp pliers on it.

The Right Tool For the Job

Old 12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Popped the radiator in my dakota yesterday, I put it in 3 weeks ago. Motor mounts are bad causing the clutch fan to push into the radiator. Frustrating, but it's not the truck's fault it wasn't properly taken care of.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:54 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

look what showed up today!

Name:  20131210_163311_zpscd4194d1.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  61.4 KB

stock manifolds are going back on monday. longtubes, and y-pipe are being sent back to summit for my money back..

Old 12-10-2013, 05:26 PM
BBartow
Captain

Tried to solve the issue with the e-fans today. I tested them both and the outer front fan read 15amps and the inner read 25amps which was pretty surprising. So I pulled the fans off to see how shot the motors were. When I peeled off the Pro Comp shrouds I noticed they were two completely different fans. The front was a 16" 12V Straight Blade Push SPAL fan and the one behind the radiator was a TYC fan from a Chevy Aveo. I sorted through the nest of wiring there was and rewired everything correctly. After testing it again the front read 10amps and the rear read somewhere between 15-18amps. The motors in them were on their last leg and the bearings in them were very shot. Called the previous owner and he said that he used to have a single 18" fan with a big shroud in it, but took it out when he brought it to the used car lot. So I assume the lot just threw in whatever fans they had lying around. Not only that but the temperature control wasn't even installed correctly and it wasn't until when I was cleaning up when I looked at it and it said "For 0-120°". Anyways, so after talking with the P/O he said that he put the old fan in a Chevy Blazer that he no longer used and would be willing to sell it to me if I'm interested. He's coming over first thing tomorrow since he also was interested in what I did/what the used car lot did to the truck. If I don't like his fan I'll probably just put 2 new 16" fans in and call it fixed.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:45 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Gary-L
I made my own pliers for it. Works like a champ...

Parked the Dodge on the drive pad, gotta move it off of the pad tomorrow so I can pull the GC into my shop. Maybe a quick startup and tour video of the dodge...

Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM
BBartow
Captain

Loaded up the bed with 920lbs of scrap to bring to the scrapyard. Got a nice $87.40 and now I can get to the quads in the backyard. Found out the truck weighs 5,200 with only me in it.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?