2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he's stuck in the ice rutt's the rain is going to be your friend, let it sit there for a few days untill there's standing water then try and rip him out, i bet you'll have alot better luck then.

Also i'd consider renting a mud jack from a tractor supply store and jacking up the portion of the truck that's stuck in the hole, then yanking the **** out of the truck with you're truck and maybe it will lift it up high enough that when it fall's it will fall past the hole. If that doesnt work for you then try and jack the truck up and then goto like home depot or lowes or any hardware store that sells sand bags, Buy 4 or 5 70 lb bags then toss a few under the tire then some in the hole hes stuck in, it will give u alot more traction and might give you enough of a running start to rip him out.

No matter how deep the hole is you can always find a way out man.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Relex
Veteran

Originally Posted by yakkier
If he's stuck in the ice rutt's the rain is going to be your friend, let it sit there for a few days untill there's standing water then try and rip him out, i bet you'll have alot better luck then.

Also i'd consider renting a mud jack from a tractor supply store and jacking up the portion of the truck that's stuck in the hole, then yanking the **** out of the truck with you're truck and maybe it will lift it up high enough that when it fall's it will fall past the hole. If that doesnt work for you then try and jack the truck up and then goto like home depot or lowes or any hardware store that sells sand bags, Buy 4 or 5 70 lb bags then toss a few under the tire then some in the hole hes stuck in, it will give u alot more traction and might give you enough of a running start to rip him out.

No matter how deep the hole is you can always find a way out man.
It's not so much ice on the bottom but just big ice chunks. We tried jacking up the *** end of his truck with my high lift and pulling and didn't make much progress. Last night where his *** end is now it was try yesterday. We got over an inch of rain here and the part about that hole is its basically a bowl so all the water just drains into it. I guess tomorrow hes getting a hold of hopefully atleast one person with a winch.

I told him last night I was done beating my truck trying to get him out since I can't afford to fix anything. I was jerking him for well over an hour and I'm kinda surprised my rear end/front end or tranny didn't go out. I thin tomorrow me and a buddy are going out that direction to ride dirt bikes so we will prob stop in and watch them get it out.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 PM
yakkier
Banned

there was nothing you could chain your truck to and try and use your truck as an anchor for the come along ?

Old 03-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Relex
Veteran

We eventually put the come along on some trees way off to the side and were cranking and got his *** end slid around. We could only go so far with 3 people cranking on the come along and couldn't get it to move.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:32 AM
yakkier
Banned

jesus, is his tire just hooked on a root or something because even ice will break loose under pressure

Old 03-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That guy needs to get a shovel out there and dig himself a ramp in front of the tires (both axles). He might need a pick axe to break up the ice a little too.
If it were me, I would have stopped after a few pulls and seeing that there was no progress. Then I would have told him to start digging.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Relex
Veteran

I would pull and it would inch him every time but when he stopped moving we would be breaking ice. We also tried jacking his *** end up with the high lift and and breaking all the ice we could and weren't really getting anywhere.

I guess last night one of his friends with a powerjoke gave it a shot and they got nowhere.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:46 PM
yakkier
Banned

What the hell posessed him to put that ****in thing out there to begin with, doesnt look like it's set up for that type of offroading

Old 03-14-2010, 01:18 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yakkier
What the hell posessed him to put that ****in thing out there to begin with, doesnt look like it's set up for that type of offroading
cause it's fun duh

Old 03-14-2010, 02:13 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

WTF!!! LOOKS LIKE HE WAS OFFROADING IN THE RIVER FROM THAT PIC!!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?