2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after it shows up: going to install my new amplifier for my door speakers

got my new door speakers installed last week, and my old amp was apparently blown along with my old door speakers...

so it has new Polk Audio MM6501 speakers in the front and rear doors now (completely removed old infinity system and amps) and my new Polk Audio PA D4000.4 amp is on a UPS truck right now out for delivery. (800w RMS 4 channel amp)

should finally have sound in there again!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:25 PM
FireDodge
Captain

I've had the front driveshaft out since August and finally got around to putting it back in right before our snowstorm. Got a nice rattle coming from up front now, so guess who gets to change a u-joint now! Gonna drive it for the next few days for snow purposes. Also ordered my AFR gauge, should be here this week.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,212 Likes on 2,963 Posts

Went out on my appointed rounds today.. got my bills addressed, and on the way home, pulled off the side of the road to get out of the way of the school bus...... bus when by, I tried to pull back out.... and nope. Not happening. Front axle decided it didn't want to engage.... so, truck is in the shop, and I will head out there in a bit to see if I can figger out whats going on.

Seriously considering just getting one of the posi-lok knock-offs.....

Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pressed all of my new pistons today

Old 02-05-2014, 10:28 PM
AppelH
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Went out on my appointed rounds today.. got my bills addressed, and on the way home, pulled off the side of the road to get out of the way of the school bus...... bus when by, I tried to pull back out.... and nope. Not happening. Front axle decided it didn't want to engage.... so, truck is in the shop, and I will head out there in a bit to see if I can figger out whats going on.

Seriously considering just getting one of the posi-lok knock-offs.....
Any ideas on what might be your cause? I didn't know there were knock offs of the posilock. The redneck fix my old man and I came up with only cost about $15, worked great but not exactly the "right" way.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put tire today, truck looks so much better without that 16" spare!

Edit:

Also filled it up, damn thing was THIRSTY, $70 @ $3.09...

Old 02-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Another tank of 93 Octane today... $85 for a weeks driving... but I've got to say, I'm liking it... much more responsive on 93 with the appropriate tune... even though I have been enjoying the extra get up and go for the week (giving it some squirt where I can), my MPG was actually .5 better... I'm interested to see how it is when I go easy on the skinny peddle.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:55 AM
Dieselweasle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put a lot of miles on here, about 1600 in the past 3 days. Don't want to look at my receipts for gas though haha, but being on the road is worth it

Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,212 Likes on 2,963 Posts

Well, not today, but, I think, two days ago..... My 4x4 quit working.. So, went looking for WHY. Vacuum lines all looked good, but, wasn't getting any vacuum to the actuator for 4x4. (but, plenty for 2wd....) Closely inspect all the lines, verified vacuum on the correct line back where they hit the steel lines below the t-case.... turns out, the line for 4x4 had accumulated some moisture, which had subsequently frozen. (as it was single digits out, not a real surprise....) Pointed my torpedo heater at if the about 20 minutes, and then blew the line out with compressed air. 4x4 works again.

I am really not happy with the vacuum system though. This just showed me yet another weak point in the system. Gonna be posi-lock shopping here REAL soon.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well, not today, but, I think, two days ago..... My 4x4 quit working.. So, went looking for WHY. Vacuum lines all looked good, but, wasn't getting any vacuum to the actuator for 4x4. (but, plenty for 2wd....) Closely inspect all the lines, verified vacuum on the correct line back where they hit the steel lines below the t-case.... turns out, the line for 4x4 had accumulated some moisture, which had subsequently frozen. (as it was single digits out, not a real surprise....) Pointed my torpedo heater at if the about 20 minutes, and then blew the line out with compressed air. 4x4 works again.

I am really not happy with the vacuum system though. This just showed me yet another weak point in the system. Gonna be posi-lock shopping here REAL soon.
do an axle swap to a 60 without a cad

or you could even go to manual kicking hubs! supposedly you can use old ford parts

of course all this is more expensive and time consuming

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?