2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:25 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well, very little harm done at least. (fence post, and some kids toys....) The important parts are still good. (son, and truck)

Have a look and see if the rear brake line didn't take some damage in that trip.
No damage visible to the brake lines, front or rear, brake fluid reservoir is full.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Maybe it just got scared?

Old 05-08-2014, 10:54 AM
TheFist
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you need to keep a better eye on your kids. Seriously.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:34 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheFist
Maybe you need to keep a better eye on your kids. Seriously.
kids will be kids. he made the mistake of leaving the keys in his truck, you dont have to be a dick about it, and degrade his parenting skills!

Old 05-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe people should just actually use their parking brake

speaking of which i need to go tighten mine so i cant drive around with it on

Old 05-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno.... it did happen more than once...

my 4yo daughter hasn't ever taken off with mommies car or either of my trucks...

we keep all of our vehicles locked. even if they weren't: she knows not to touch, and it helps that they are ALL manual transmissions

Old 05-08-2014, 04:15 PM
dstanford60

well today has been strange,I have a 1996 Dodge 3500,4X4 with a Cummins,I just went to Reno Last Month and Bought a set of axles with 4:10 gears and installed them,I replaced the tranny with one I had built for more power with a triple disk converter,replaced the transfer case,bought new 37" tires,replaced the front fenders and hood,then I repaired all leaks on the engine,new seals and gaskets,ex.But today I was driving home and at the stop light I could Hear this scrapping ticking noise,when I got home it was still there until I put the shifter in park,then gone,put the shifter in any where except park and I could hear it,so I pulled the pan,adjusted the bands,changed the filter and checked the electrical,put it back together,started it,and the same noise,I pulled the inspection cover off the tranny,full of shavings,checked the converter bolts,all good the I tried to move the crank,yip,the crank was walking,so I lifted the engine enough to get the oil an off,I even loosened all the cab mounts to get the engine high enough,bought new bearings and installed them last night,still need to get oil pick up tube gasket,has any one else ever had to go throuht this much hell,I mean if I didn't like the Dodge and Cummins mixture as much as I do this project would of been done a long time ago

Old 05-08-2014, 04:31 PM
dstanford60

Sitting at a red light fixing to turn left,light turned green,just straighten out from the turn,then bamm,a little *** BMW,the Dodge Truck is a 2004,4 door,4x4,Cummins with a about 10's of lift and 38" tires,but the BMW,I say was trying to beat the red light,but the woman in the BMW told the cop that she wasn't moving and I knocked her back about 10 feet of so,her car was sitting a foot behind the line,and I knocked her back?the cop wanted to see out licence and insurance,she had no licence with her,so he ask her name and if she knew her licence #,she told him,I was moving about 10 mph,if she was stopped,how did it knock her back 10 feet and why did it cause $1600 damage to mine and totaled hers ,she sent this big ol boy over to our house to intimadate me,he wasnt big enough

Old 05-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Took off my front driveshaft today to change my ujoint. Got the one cap off and was 90% done the other when my finger took the force of a full small sledge swing. 6 stitches later and a fingernail, the ujoint is out. Going to get my buddy to give me a hand putting the new one in tomorrow. It's a little hard with one hand out of commission. Lesson of the day: hold onto vice grips instead of the punch.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dstanford60
well today has been strange,I have a 1996 Dodge 3500,4X4 with a Cummins,I just went to Reno Last Month and Bought a set of axles with 4:10 gears and installed them,I replaced the tranny with one I had built for more power with a triple disk converter,replaced the transfer case,bought new 37" tires,replaced the front fenders and hood,then I repaired all leaks on the engine,new seals and gaskets,ex.But today I was driving home and at the stop light I could Hear this scrapping ticking noise,when I got home it was still there until I put the shifter in park,then gone,put the shifter in any where except park and I could hear it,so I pulled the pan,adjusted the bands,changed the filter and checked the electrical,put it back together,started it,and the same noise,I pulled the inspection cover off the tranny,full of shavings,checked the converter bolts,all good the I tried to move the crank,yip,the crank was walking,so I lifted the engine enough to get the oil an off,I even loosened all the cab mounts to get the engine high enough,bought new bearings and installed them last night,still need to get oil pick up tube gasket,has any one else ever had to go throuht this much hell,I mean if I didn't like the Dodge and Cummins mixture as much as I do this project would of been done a long time ago
Originally Posted by dstanford60
Sitting at a red light fixing to turn left,light turned green,just straighten out from the turn,then bamm,a little *** BMW,the Dodge Truck is a 2004,4 door,4x4,Cummins with a about 10's of lift and 38" tires,but the BMW,I say was trying to beat the red light,but the woman in the BMW told the cop that she wasn't moving and I knocked her back about 10 feet of so,her car was sitting a foot behind the line,and I knocked her back?the cop wanted to see out licence and insurance,she had no licence with her,so he ask her name and if she knew her licence #,she told him,I was moving about 10 mph,if she was stopped,how did it knock her back 10 feet and why did it cause $1600 damage to mine and totaled hers ,she sent this big ol boy over to our house to intimadate me,he wasnt big enough
dang ^ dude. Let's see some pics of the damage.

@TP - seriously?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?