2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Originally Posted by mattstratt
I have a base model automatic 92 stealth with 56.000 original miles that I need to sell.
kbb.com says $3600 in good condition, yet I see the same base model on autotrader with 50k-75k miles going for $7000-$9000.

How much should I post it for??
You are REALLY in the wrong forum for that question.....

Old 01-13-2015, 03:31 PM
BigGreenRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well more pm work new water pump front cover timing set good time for it there was bout 12 to 14 degrees of slack in it lol she runs much better now oh and oil filter

Old 01-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the complements friends. The truck is a Cummins, I wonder why I didn't mention that. Paul they went to the common rail system in 03 with the 3rd gen, but in 04.5 they changed some things about the injection event that causes worse fuel economy and more injector failures. The change was to appease the EPA of course. 03-04 didn't have a catalytic converter either.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet truck WR! Little behind here...

Old 01-18-2015, 11:37 AM
cjantczak
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i actually did this saturday but i back flushed the heater core on ol blue for sng's to see if there was any crud, didnt look like much came out but i definitely have better heat also checked all the fluid levels for the hell of it and had to add gear oil to the front axle, damn axle seal is leaking on the passenger side, gotta change that one day, also adjusted the rear brakes because the self adjusters dont work worth a crap

Old 01-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Several years back my A/C compressor was changed out... within ~6months the new compressor had a faint whirring noise when engaged (predominantly heard in the cab through the vents)... over the years is has got a little louder, but nothing drastic.
The past week or so there has been a different whirring sound (almost early water pump failure like) that is consistent with engine operation, but the sound was not from the front of the engine... it sounded more like from the back of the valley.
When doing my fluid checks today, I decided to drop the serp belt and see if I could isolate the noise... fired up and ran perfectly quiet... so I checked all the pulleys, and sure enough, the A/C pulley rolls over real easy, but feels like it is full of rocks.
The sound must have been radiating from the back cover of the compressor and projecting to the back of the engine.

So I'm now on the hunt for an A/C compressor.
Looking at a new DENSO unit... is there any better option?

Old 01-18-2015, 07:55 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spillage
Several years back my A/C compressor was changed out... within ~6months the new compressor had a faint whirring noise when engaged (predominantly heard in the cab through the vents)... over the years is has got a little louder, but nothing drastic.
The past week or so there has been a different whirring sound (almost early water pump failure like) that is consistent with engine operation, but the sound was not from the front of the engine... it sounded more like from the back of the valley.
When doing my fluid checks today, I decided to drop the serp belt and see if I could isolate the noise... fired up and ran perfectly quiet... so I checked all the pulleys, and sure enough, the A/C pulley rolls over real easy, but feels like it is full of rocks.
The sound must have been radiating from the back cover of the compressor and projecting to the back of the engine.

So I'm now on the hunt for an A/C compressor.
Looking at a new DENSO unit... is there any better option?
I have a used compressor, but the bearing, and all the seals have been replaced. I bought it off zman, and I have no intentions in installing it as I'm buying a new truck.

Let me know if you want it, and pm me an offer...

Old 01-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
I have a used compressor, but the bearing, and all the seals have been replaced. I bought it off zman, and I have no intentions in installing it as I'm buying a new truck.

Let me know if you want it, and pm me an offer...
Is it a DENSO compressor?
I think the one I have now is a Sunden... the noise that started after about 6 months sounded like the veins rubbing over a port.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:57 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spillage
Is it a DENSO compressor?
I think the one I have now is a Sunden... the noise that started after about 6 months sounded like the veins rubbing over a port.
I'm pretty sure it is. PM me.. I'll check tomorrow morning. Watching the Pats game, so I'm a bit busy.....

Old 01-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
I'm pretty sure it is. PM me.. I'll check tomorrow morning. Watching the Pats game, so I'm a bit busy.....
PM sent... I can appreciate the priority of your current distraction

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?