2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 05:05 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got my back rack swapped over to the 3rd gen. alls i gotta do is wire up my light bar, and itll be complete!

Old 02-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
My Zone 5" lift arrived tonight back home
What no pictures? And you don't have it on yet? Man you're slow!!!

Old 02-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked all of my fluids and tires, then installed the two 12's I got yesterday, holy crap, single cab and some bass

Old 02-21-2015, 12:26 AM
cabisson
Amateur

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
these trucks do amazing things with plows on them! been plowing with mine for 5 years now, and shes getting retired this weekend, when i swap the wiring and plow to my new truck.

i noticed youre from good ole NH!!! where abouts?! im in Rochester, not far from Portsmouth.
Right up the road from you, actually! In New Durham, just shy of Wolfeboro.

I've got a bit of landscaping, road/driveway maintenance, logging and rock moving to do - so the tractor definitely made more sense than a plow for the truck! While I HAVE plowed dirt and moved rocks with a plow truck before, it's certainly not my, uh, first choice.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by cabisson
Right up the road from you, actually! In New Durham, just shy of Wolfeboro.

I've got a bit of landscaping, road/driveway maintenance, logging and rock moving to do - so the tractor definitely made more sense than a plow for the truck! While I HAVE plowed dirt and moved rocks with a plow truck before, it's certainly not my, uh, first choice.
Haha, no sh¡t! My uncle lives in new durham. He has a welding business, sign for it is right off rte 11 almost directly across from that blue gas station(farmington end).

Glad to see more and more people from NH on here! Lol

Old 02-21-2015, 09:10 AM
FireDodge
Captain

I wish there were more Nebraskans on here. Too many hot headed farm boys who don't know anything about their trucks driving around.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:59 AM
tincan57
Captain

Our kind neighbor scraped my drive after the heavy Octavia snow storm. The Mud Claws on the 98 cleared snow easily from the cleats. Best tires I've ever operated with, in a 4x4.

It's great to have good neighbors. K.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:39 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Swapped in a new headlight harness for the plow wiring yesterday, and today plowed some snow!

Also, hooked up my light bar today. Now everything is complete!

I really need to get different tires. These mts suck in the snow!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,190 Likes on 2,943 Posts

Drove to Canton Ohio to pick up a snowblower. Little over 200 miles one way. Truck did great until about a 100 miles on the trip back. (about halfway home....) Engine started losing power, truck started slowing down..... engine was missing badly. Turned off O/D, and slowed to about 55 for a while, to try and cripple it to the next service plaza....... CEL blinked a bit, then came on solid..... but, after a few miles, it recovered, and started running on all 8 again.... No clue what that was all about. I will check codes tomorrow, and see what it has to say. No cat, crank sensor was replaced a couple years ago, cam sensor is original though.... coil has been replaced as well.

Got back home running just fine. Wonder if I had something in my gas, or something else strange. But, all in all, a fun trip. Even got to 'off-road' a bit in some guys yard. Had to drive back to pick up the snowblower, as his tractor had a flat, and wouldn't go thru the foot or so of snow they had. Truck went thru it just fine.

Snowblower is a Mckee Sno-lander 320. It's five feet wide. Goes on the front of my tractor. I am gonna LOVE that.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
..... but, after a few miles, it recovered, and started running on all 8 again.... No clue what that was all about.
How's the condition of the weather seal between hood and cowl?

Ya know, you've just created the perfect conditions for a decade of drought by buying that cool snowblower.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?