2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:23 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the "Cow Catcher" removed from the 99 diesel to install on the 98 gasser. The 98 is the off road truck. K.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:05 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I topped of the fluid in my front axle today. Also noticed I need new tie rods and sway bar linkage...

Old 04-23-2015, 09:13 PM
brodster151

Installed a new head unit. The music jack on my phone quit working, wanted something with bluetooth. Pretty impressed with what I got for the money.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:10 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brodster151
Installed a new head unit. The music jack on my phone quit working, wanted something with bluetooth.
It's too late to do you any good now and you might not have wanted to go this route anyway, but for anyone else with a similar problem to solve: The iSimple TranzIt BLU HF car kit is pretty sweet. I got my first one from some random eBay seller who refused to do a warranty exchange when the unit was FOI, so I contacted AAMP of America (the manufacturer) and though it wasn't perfectly painless they stood behind the product and shipped me out a new one. It's been working fine since October.

Just so it's said: The hoop jumping was mostly understandable. If I were them I'd want to keep boneheads from eating my warranty service budget, too. I might not be quite so gung-ho about it, but I got what I paid for and they didn't insist that I rock the instrument panel twice more, once to get the original harness out and again to put a new one in. Lots of manufacturers won't be that understanding. Good on AAMP for that.

The one glitch I'm not super thrilled about but which isn't a show stopper is that the FM modulation level is not what I'd like for it to be. Unless you insist upon wringing out all of the potential hearing damage your stereo can provide it's just fine, but a bit startling if you've got it cranked up and switch off the bluetooth input -- the FM station will be considerably louder than the BT was.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:05 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker

I drove it about 80 miles today and hauled some stuff with it.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

De-badged and took the black plastic bits off the bumpers and steps... removed the grill, fog lights, antenna, and tailgate...
Head and tail lights will be last thing before the serious work starts (still have to drive it for a week or so yet).

Old 04-27-2015, 04:49 PM
TomGuru

After reading so many reviews I tried the 3M headlight restoration kit to restore my headlights. They came out looking good but within a month they started to get foggy again. Then my buddy Robin showed me his headlights which he had cleaned about 6 months prior and they were still looking like new. The kit he used is the EZ4U2 headlight restoration kit.
I picked it up on Amazon. http://tinyurl.com/p2u4k7m It worked much better than the 3M kit. My headlights still looks like new after 3 months. This kit works great and last longer because it has a lens sealer included in it. If you are looking to restore your foggy headlights I think you should try the EZ4U2 headlight restoration kit. It worked really good for me. Hope this helps.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:12 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomGuru
After reading so many reviews I tried the 3M headlight restoration kit to restore my headlights. They came out looking good but within a month they started to get foggy again. Then my buddy Robin showed me his headlights which he had cleaned about 6 months prior and they were still looking like new. The kit he used is the EZ4U2 headlight restoration kit.
I picked it up on Amazon. http://tinyurl.com/p2u4k7m It worked much better than the 3M kit. My headlights still looks like new after 3 months. This kit works great and last longer because it has a lens sealer included in it. If you are looking to restore your foggy headlights I think you should try the EZ4U2 headlight restoration kit. It worked really good for me. Hope this helps.
troll!!!

Old 04-28-2015, 12:45 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker

Sure is pretty dead in the OT thread.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:03 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default installed my Aero Turbine

Got rid of all the factory pipe and muffler that was still behind the magnaflo cat I put on a couple years ago, and installed an Aero Turbine 2525XL with some new pipes to dump it in front of the rear tire. I just used clamps for now and figure I'll drive it for a while to see if I'll stick with the dump or run it back out to the rear.

I only have about 2 minutes and 100 yards on the muffler so while it sounded good when I moved the truck, I will delay making any judgments.

This was my first purchase from Moe's Performance. Ordered last Monday morning, and I had it the next night when I got home from work. ($99 with free and really fast shipping). I'm sure someone has seen a better price and will let me know but I couldn't find it. Very pleased with Moe's.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?