2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 08:41 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The Off Road Edition trucks are the holy grail of half ton dodges of that generation.
My overhead console never read the odometer or the mileage right I hope he has better luck!

Old 08-04-2021, 11:57 AM
ralston106
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Off Road Edition trucks are the holy grail of half ton dodges of that generation.
that’s what I’ve read about the off road models. So I feel I got it for a pretty good price. Has a jasper reman trans that shifts perfect. Fluid looks pretty new and smells fresh. Diff covers appear to have newer silicone on them front and rear. I plan on looking inside anyways just to verify no one ever swapped the 4.10s out. Hopefully it just had services done and maybe rear lsd rebuilt at one point. I didn’t even know it was a off road edition till I ran the vin number after I bought it. I mainly wanted it to swap my interior for the leather and door panels with the wood trim. So that being said I will have a full charcoal cloth interior in 9/10 condition with power driver. For sale hear soon. Door panels also. And after I swap the axles from underneath that truck. I’ll be getting rid of my old axles. That have aftermarket 4.10 gears in them but the rear end clutch packs are toast. It’s basically a open diff at this point.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by ralston106
that’s what I’ve read about the off road models. So I feel I got it for a pretty good price. Has a jasper reman trans that shifts perfect. Fluid looks pretty new and smells fresh. Diff covers appear to have newer silicone on them front and rear. I plan on looking inside anyways just to verify no one ever swapped the 4.10s out. Hopefully it just had services done and maybe rear lsd rebuilt at one point. I didn’t even know it was a off road edition till I ran the vin number after I bought it. I mainly wanted it to swap my interior for the leather and door panels with the wood trim. So that being said I will have a full charcoal cloth interior in 9/10 condition with power driver. For sale hear soon. Door panels also. And after I swap the axles from underneath that truck. I’ll be getting rid of my old axles. That have aftermarket 4.10 gears in them but the rear end clutch packs are toast. It’s basically a open diff at this point.
I might be more tempted to get the ORE truck roadworthy.

If you were closer, I would be interested in that interior, but, shipping from you to me would be outrageous.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:58 PM
ralston106
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be more tempted to get the ORE truck roadworthy.

If you were closer, I would be interested in that interior, but, shipping from you to me would be outrageous.
I thought about it. But whoever I got it from gave it a rough couple months of life. The bad. No title. 280k engine is on its last leg. He drove it 2 hours to me running on like 5 cylinder. And the harmonic balance is just free spinning eating into the timing cover leaking coolant. Uses oil about as fast as you dump
it in between the leaks and smoke. Interior is trash other then chairs and headliner. Dash destroyed. Tires are junk. Grill missing. He’s is dented and one of the rear doors is dented. Front bumper is trash. That’s it pretty much a parts truck to me. I’m just going to turn my regular sport model into a Laramie sport using this truck. And sell what’s left over. I should be able to get my money back out of it and make a profit. It’s rust free. So it’s got a good hood. Doors. Bed if you fix the dent. Wheels. Newer transmission. Transfer case. Driveshafts. All that good stuff.

Old 08-05-2021, 03:54 PM
BLENDDOORUSA
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blend Door USA has come up with a way to replace the broken plastic doors in the Dodge Ram gen heater boxes. We have re-designed the doors out of aluminum. Then we seal them with a polyether based foam that will not break down like the polyester based on the old plastic doors. We have been selling these doors since 2009, and have had ZERO failures. These doors are made to be installed as an OEM fit. www.blendoorusa.com

This is a complete kit to repair your 1994-2002 Ram truck. This kit includes new solid aluminum HVAC doors to replace the Recirculation Door, Panel Door, Defrost/Floor Door and a bracket to repair your original metal Blend Door.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:21 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts
Old 08-10-2021, 08:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Spillage
Is that a 2nd Gen?

https://fb.watch/7iMOuoHXun/
LOLOL. Sure looks like it. Didn't get a good view of the front/grille though.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:30 PM
85RAM1995
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all

So I just got my truck back from the transmission shop and it still sucks.....

It feels like it has no power so I have spent all day looking at it trying to figure it out. So that is my day and weekend.

It's a early build year 1995 ram 1500 4X4 with the 5.9 gas

Old 09-05-2021, 09:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Any codes?

Old 09-13-2021, 01:05 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Just finished yet another road trip across the country from Seattle area to Minneapolis area and back. Total miles of 3730 round trip. Truck averaged 15-16 mpg.

The rebuilt track bar and new T steering helped SO MUCH. The pump/gear still whines like air is in there but on the highway at speed it steered nice and easy. The suspension can actually articulate now with the new bar joints and it soaked up the road joints beautifully. I haven't had such an enjoyable trip since it was stock. I'm not fatigued or sore from the drive.

The new Jegs y-pipe helped with power a lot too. I could keep speed up hills and run AC no problems. Big improvement!

Truck turned 277,XXX and ran great. Not one issue or hiccup at all. Ran 87 octane the whole way and never heard ping. I think the truck is just getting broke in! Burned about a quart which is just fine as it always has. The tires are starting to cup on the inside a little. Need to double check the alignment and rotate (it steering dead on though).

I would love to still get a new steering gear as the second Redhead is flexing its output shaft. And I still have to complete the exhaust as I'm just running a glass pack. Plus the paint is shot. But I'm in love all over again. What a truck. She fully redeemed herself after last year's cat fiasco (not the truck's fault but still).

Have a nice day, guys.

Last edited by Ramman18; 09-13-2021 at 01:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ramman18:
janetbullard (10-09-2021), Spillage (09-13-2021)

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?