2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

audiedoggy I saww those on ebay and wondered if they would work. Did you have to wire up the unit or did it come with a connector? I have a 98 sport that doesn't have the new style headlights and was wondering how they separated the high beams and the projectors.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:49 PM
grassguy

I registered for the DF so I can start to find solutions to the many small problems with my truck. I've been lurking for about a year and finally decided to do the d3rn thing.

:i con_hyper:

Old 11-10-2009, 05:48 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtman07
audiedoggy I saww those on ebay and wondered if they would work. Did you have to wire up the unit or did it come with a connector? I have a 98 sport that doesn't have the new style headlights and was wondering how they separated the high beams and the projectors.
Most come with a harness that will split the the high and low lights to a diff. connector.

I registered for the DF so I can start to find solutions to the many small problems with my truck. I've been lurking for about a year and finally decided to do the d3rn thing.

:i con_hyper:
Welcome abord!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

mine had the single blue d shaped connector....with three wires for the lights....and another three sets of power wires to wire up to the running lights and tail lights as I please...the halo rings, the three blue leds and the white strip I wired it so the blue leds and the white light alternate as the amber turn signal flashes but they stay on steady with the running lights.... I do know they make an adapter harness and or some come prewired for the sport if you have two seperate connectors...mine was prewired for the later style bulbs so i had to swap one wire with another in the harness....it really all sounds more complicated than it was to do.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:33 PM
bigtman07
Captain

ok just checking. How do you like them by the way. I want to get some but don't know if they would be better than the stock ones. I'd assume so.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ok just checking. How do you like them by the way. I want to get some but don't know if they would be better than the stock ones. I'd assume so.
they have been great so far....three months and no issues except one of the bulbs had a bad soldier joint when I installed them so I bought another for 6 bucks....the light output is better than stock and they have had no moisture leaking/condensation issues which was my worry before I bought them...
I'm very happy with them. Get a lot of compliments.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:17 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram_Me
Starting to install my new Hughes Intake Manifold!
pics >>>?

Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 AM
joekool4
Professional

ive looked at spyder for those same headlights, looks like they work better than my fogged over leaky stock ones. also thinking about putting in LED taillights and 3rd brake light, this whole buying bulbs every three months sucks, i think theres a leak somewhere that water is getting to the bulbs in the passenger taillight, no problems with driverside in the 3 years ive had the thing though. also getting pissed off at people who smash thier POS rust bucket cavalier, civic, s-10 and other **** car doors into my truck. with a new driver front fender comes a new paint job and bedliner rockers, and with the new paint job comes bed rail covers so the toolbox stops screwing up the paint.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtruck96
Just got done. Upgraded to 4.10's front and rear with a detroit locker in the rear. Funny thing its raining today and I dont seem to be able to get traction anymore. HAHA
you install them yourself?
you know that there is a 500 mile break in period on new gears where you're supposed to take it easy.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 AM
trptman
Rookie

took advantage of the warm Ohio day to take my rear door panel off to see why the door handle wouldn't open the door. Found out the cable was broke that connects the handle to the latch. So off to the scrap yard to find another.
Hey, "bigtman07", I see you're from eaton, ohio. I've been through there before. My favorite business name of all time is when you are approaching town and pass the "eaton screw company"
my 2 favorite activities rolled into one business

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?