2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:49 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try to get a lincon mark 8 fan...thats what i got

Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got some new treads

After leaving the DMV with my new tags the old woman and I stopped for lunch and heard on the radio that a local tire shop was doing a buy two get two sale, so we hopped right in and got four new 265/75 AT sneakers for the truck and got it aligned while we were there.

It came with 245's so the speedo is a touch inaccurate now, but WTF.

In just a few minutes I'll order up the headache rack and toolbox... the truck is as expensive as raising a teenage girl but it doesn't whine as much.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:28 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
After leaving the DMV with my new tags the old woman and I stopped for lunch and heard on the radio that a local tire shop was doing a buy two get two sale, so we hopped right in and got four new 265/75 AT sneakers for the truck and got it aligned while we were there.

In just a few minutes I'll order up the headache rack and toolbox... the truck is as expensive as raising a teenage girl but it doesn't whine as much.
It will when your serpentine goes out! LOL

Old 05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser

get superchips so you can adjust the tire size, and then you have the reason for more power too hahaha

Old 05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by lastrights
get superchips so you can adjust the tire size, and then you have the reason for more power too hahaha
Yep, that's on the list of things to do. But the truck's got 96k miles on it that I didn't put there, so first it gets a new PATC juice drive. I really, really, really hate busted transmissions and the only time I want to see a Ford in front of my Dodge is when I'm winching one out of a stick.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:39 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Drove it to the store to get some grass seed and fertilizer. Spread it just in time for the rain to take care of it. So far it's a good day. Ask me how I knew it was going to rain and I'll show you the bottle of Mothers I used up yesterday...

Old 05-07-2010, 02:04 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took my hood insulation off, I have hated it and have been meaning to take it off for a couple months and just finally took it off.

A little louder in the cab sounds so nice

Old 05-07-2010, 04:06 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Ordered a crossover toolbox (Delta, in black of course), BackRack, load lock (AKA cargo stabilizer) and miscellaneous odds 'n' ends to make it easier to keep the stuff I put into the bed where I put it.

Some day I'll round it out with the way cool BuckStop Outback front bumper and a matching rear. Man, will that be sharp!

The old woman got to looking at wheels yesterday so we might swap out the factory alloys before too long, too. I wish they made Alcoa wheels in black!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally changed the foglight bulb I blew when I jacked my bumper all up.... yesterday I spent 233 bucks on licence renewal for the truck AND my DL.... the truck ran out end of March and my DL expired on my bday, april 11.... :/

Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 PM
hemiprostock
Default New Used Fenders

Spent the week sanding-priming-and painting a pair of used fenders. Used PPG Shopline JAU and 1K primer and I am very happy with the results. Only thing I missed when looking at the fenders was a small dent on the radius, a little work with the slidehammer and body filler to make it look good as new. Now the front end looks great. Now just need to find a couple of doors.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?