2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dropped it off to the AC recharged. Found out the compressor is shot. Guy said it was blowing cold air then went to 500psi and pegged all his meters.

After talking to him about the idle issues he thinks it's the iac. He recommended changing the tps at the same time. Guess I gotta spend some money.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:50 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigtman07
Ok one question. Why?????? Just curious. Took mine off and love the new look. Looks higher and cleaner IMO.
maybe sum mpgs on the highway

its werid sum times i have it on and like it for a few months then take it off for a few

kinded didnt like seeing my c-arms with the leving kit

Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the check valve delete and installed a NAPA transmission cooler. Looks good, hopefully my rebuilt tranny will hold up longer now.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well looks like the trucks sittin uptil i start my new job in 2 weeks. got an offer at a local garage and were gonna pull it out there after work, and send it out to a local trans guy to build, and my boss will take the cost of rebuild out of my paycheck everyweek. it comes to $1000 with all new parts, and tq conv. i think he said for another $100 more i can get a beefier tq. conv.... i think i might go that route.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:52 AM
dodgeram07
Champion

check engin light come on twice and when off after i turn it off dont know whats up...obd1 fun fun fun

Old 06-26-2010, 03:28 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain

Ordered a new set of tail lights, hopefully these new one's will last longer then 3 months.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:18 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

finished my exhaust

Old 06-26-2010, 07:20 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain

Got some work priced today from a local shop. For 120 they're going to replace my bad studs, rotors, and brake pads with my own parts on my front wheels since I have some lug nuts that are stuck and I do mean like super stuck. Using all my body weight with a 4 foot lead pipe on my tire iron, I can't get them to budge. The guy was saying that since I have the chrome heat treated lug nuts, there's a good chance when they try, they'll probably snap the stud since the lug nuts are stronger then the studs. So I'm going to have them replace them all then go ahead and do my work for me...yea I feel lazy but I got good reasons and since they already have to remove the rotors to get to the studs, why put bad parts back on?

The other thing I got priced was a/c compressor replacement. He gave me the worse case price because apparently our trucks have two different set-ups and without popping the hood he doesn't know which one I have but for 920 I can have my compressor and some extra parts replaced. Not sure how other places fair with prices but that seems to be the average price I think.

Oh, also noticed my left leaf spring is starting to sag So now I'm going to call topguncustumz and have them build up a 3" lift kit with new leafs that already have the extra 3 inches of lift.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Tank2/8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First post:
With in last week, began replacing inner/outer tierod ends, upper ball joints, radiator, front rotors/pads, plugs/wires, and the front Dana 44 has all new bearings/seals throughout, front axle Ujoints, rear ujoint and seal from driveshaft to dif, 180 degree thermostat. On the way from Truckaddons.com is an AirRaid cold air intake, Airraid throttle body spacer, Gibson catback stainless steel supertruck exhaust and a Jet stage II performance module. All of the above chassis parts are premium parts from napa....for the most part because I was ready to get started right then and did not want to wait on online shipping....
I did not realize until after the order from truckaddons that the cold air does not come with any housing for the airfilter. This may be a problem when encountering any moderate mud holes...is should not take to much to fabricate some sort of partial protection.
I purchased the truck 3yrs ago with 32x11.5 R15 baja tires setting on cheap but good enough aftermarket wheels. I got the bed roll bar from a neighbor for $20 when I noticed it was out of his ram on on his front lawn. It fits well. The above replacement parts and upgrades will probably be it for this year. Next year I will be going for a Good, functional 3.5" lift...I am looking for any ideas as aftermarket parts on this gen half ton is scarce. Wheels and looking at General Grabber AT2's, DC F-CII's or a simular aggressive trail tire, exterier lights and upgraded sound system. Ohyeah, monday I was going to pick up some hercules roll on bed liner. Anybody used the same? I have been told spray on is better but my funds for the truck are about wiped out from all the above.

Any suggestions for a Functional offroad suspension giving upto 3.5"'s of lift??

I am doing all the work myself with the exeption of the front axle bearing and seal work. I have never dove into a civilian vehicle this extensively, it will be interesting.

One last question....when I before I remove the old radiator, would it be better to begin flushing the system with the old one in so I dont put any unessery junk in the new one or flushing after the new one is in should be fine......can I flush the remainder of the system with the radiator removed???

Old 06-27-2010, 02:12 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

seafoam my truck, cleaned the throttle body, checked all the fluids, also tried to figure out where my exhaust leak is coming from... sounds like open headers!!! think where my headers meet the exhaust came loose!! gonna check it and take the exhaust off and redo it tomorrow!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?