2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 04:06 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tank2/8
One last question....when I before I remove the old radiator, would it be better to begin flushing the system with the old one in so I dont put any unessery junk in the new one or flushing after the new one is in should be fine......can I flush the remainder of the system with the radiator removed???
Welcome to DF!

The radiator must be on in order to flush the system because you have have the truck running in order to flush it and I'd say it's probably better to do it with the old on first.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Well, drove to Wauseon yesterday, and smelled burning transmission.... not good..... So, today, went and yanked the check valve off of the cooler line. Oh Gee. I am stunned. Plugged Solid. Did the cheapy fix with a length of hose, and two hose clamps. Its a real bitch getting the hose over the lip on the radiator fitting.... other end wasn't so bad. Just hope I don't get to have roasted transmission flambe. Low on gas, so, haven't test drove yet.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:46 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
So, today, went and yanked the check valve off of the cooler line. Oh Gee. I am stunned. Plugged Solid.
Oh, does that ever suck. I hope you get lucky with it.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Oh, does that ever suck. I hope you get lucky with it.
Thanks. I appreciate the thought. I am hoping as well. See what happens.....

I have permission from my other half to start collecting trans rebuild parts though. Gonna grab one for the junkyard, and go thru it. Hopefully, I won't be in too much of a hurry for that evolution.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:59 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

I have permission from my other half to start collecting trans rebuild parts though. Gonna grab one for the junkyard, and go thru it.
That's my preferred approach, too, though the first time out on the Ram I'm going to go with something like the PATC Mega Viper, and then load up on the rebuild parts to go with my case and hard parts.

'Tis good the other half is on board. I've got a good one, too, who never questions my truck related spending. Mine wants a classic truck and for me to to the resto-mod work so she has to be nice.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

That's my preferred approach, too, though the first time out on the Ram I'm going to go with something like the PATC Mega Viper, and then load up on the rebuild parts to go with my case and hard parts.

'Tis good the other half is on board. I've got a good one, too, who never questions my truck related spending. Mine wants a classic truck and for me to to the resto-mod work so she has to be nice.
Yeah, she likes it almost as much as I do..... Gives her the ability to do things like import several tons of dirt at a time.... and even better, she likes to go camping, and four wheelin'. I can even get her to help me work on the truck once in a while....

Yep, she's a keeper.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

And the verdict is in......

I got lucky. Tranny fluid is a bit dark, but, not burnt. Test drove today, shifts out nice, no problems. Well, aside from having 160,000+ miles on it.

Still gonna start collecting parts for the trans rebuild. Its gonna have to happen at some point after all.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right it is a dodge. An eminently breaking trans was standard. lol Good to hear its not junk yet. Make sure that when it goes it's doing something spectacular.

This weekend I pulled out an old grown in ford 9n tractor that had been sitting stuck in the mud for 12 yrs. yes you read that right. That was fun. in a yard that the truck barely fit in pullin a tractor. It was a blast. Then had to pull the bush hog that it was towing out of its grown in position. Found 2 snakes under it. Made the misses scream and run to jump in the bed of the truck. Lemme tell ya that was a sight to see. lol

Old 06-28-2010, 04:03 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

I got lucky. Tranny fluid is a bit dark, but, not burnt. Test drove today, shifts out nice, no problems. Well, aside from having 160,000+ miles on it.
Excellent!

Originally Posted by bigtman07
This weekend I pulled out an old grown in ford 9n tractor that had been sitting stuck in the mud for 12 yrs.
Doing a little rust farm crop rotation there?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:56 PM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doing a little rust farm crop rotation there?
Not exactly. Long story so I won't hijack the thread with the background. But the short version. My boss was given a house that sat empty for 12 years. We remodeled it on the inside. Outside he left 2 vans, 2 tractors neither running, a camper, and a 53ft semi trailer. So the house looked like junkyard. Workin on cleaning it up. sad part is you can see all the crap from google earth too. I'll post a pic after I get it cropped just right.

Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?-cleaning.jpg  

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?