2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
SplatSTi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to go to Autozone to get ODBII check for Airbag code, truck wouldnt start, just click click click. Went to autozone in the Forester, bought a new starter motor and battery charger. Put the battery on charge, said it was pretty much dead, this is a new battery. Makes me think the truck is not charging, so I will take the alternator up tomorrow and get it tested.

Checked the oil on the wifeys Forester, no oil on the dipstick. Back to Autozone for more oil, except I take my STi instead. I dont know why, but hers drinks oil like it going out of fashion, mine doesnt use oil between oil changes. The thing is, she doesnt burn oil or any that I can see and it hasnt got a leak that I can find. *shrug* nature of the beast I guess.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

When I cleaned my engine compartment last week I descovered my chrome air cleaner top had already rusted on the the back side due to water laying on it. Cheap chinese chrome!
My only guess is that the molded rubber weather strip (which falls off on the motor often) lets water through when it rains or when I wash the truck.
So tonight I pulled it off, cleaned it, and then glued it back on with a LOT of black silicone, instead of the miniscule amount the factory used.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:03 AM
bigslick050
All Star

Shined up my seriously oxidized tool box with some 'blue magic' aluminum polish. Only had enough to do the top, so will pick up more 'magic' (ahaha it really is) and finish later today after I get some sleep.

If I can sleep...been total insomniac this summer...ugghh

Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i woke up to find that my truck was sagging real bad...went outside and looked, and my tire is completly flat....i patched it 4 days ago, went off-roading, and even checked tire pressure yesterday...it was at 40 PSI, and thats what i put it to 4 days ago...then (even though i didnt drive it at all) i wake up today its flat...wtf...

Old 08-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Coolio
Amateur

Popped off a door panel to check out how easy it would be to replace the cloth on the door with the leather that came with my katzkins kit. And yes, its not as easy as it should be.

Also got a look at the stupid infinity "amps" on the back of the stock speakers. This is going to be pain...

Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Dropped my drivers TRE and Track bar and replaced the ripped up boots...
sadly, with the same cheap boots I did them with last year. That dorman chinese crap is useless!
Next year, urethane for sure!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:34 PM
SplatSTi
Professional

Charged the battery and swapped out the Starter, easier than I thought. Started on first click, which made me happy. Got the test meter out, 14v on the battery terminals, 14v on the alt, looks to be good.

Test drive was 100% awesome! no starting problems, no idle issues and ran around doing about 80 miles lol

I need to do suspension/brakes now, yes the saga continues

Edit:

I went to get my ODB read and well, they couldnt read it at all. Any idea's?

Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Found that both sway bar end links are junk, on the hunt for some poly-urethane! Shhhh don't tell the fiance

Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Found that both sway bar end links are junk, on the hunt for some poly-urethane! Shhhh don't tell the fiance
I got the 8 pack of urethane bushings (universal end link kit I believe was the name) from the ricer section at advance and wallowed them out with the Dremel and a sanding bit to make them fit my end links when I put the coil spacers on my truck.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just orded my sct tuner ! !cant wait for it to get here hehe .. ill let you guys know how it goes coming off the superchips to sct if there that much of a diffrence

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?