2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 PM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noticed damage from the snow storm we just had. Have a nice dent larger than my hand on the cab of the truck, passenger side right next to the windshield. Guess I'm lucky the limb didn't smash the windshield, it was a close call for sure.

I've got to say, for the amount of limbs that hit my truck, I was lucky that that was the only damage.

Fiance and I decided it's not gonna be our responsibilty to fix it so since we are going on vacation tomorrow to Michigan, we're leaving it with my parents and they're going to have to deal with their homeowners insurance or pay out of pocket, I don't care how it gets done, but it has to be fixed before we get back.

I am one of those people who will beat the snot out of the engine, but at the end of the day, there had better not be any damage to the actual truck, and unfortunately I now have my first major dent. Hopefully not much longer til it's not there.

Also, gonna have to do some troubleshooting when we get back as my four wheel drive isn't engaging. Sucky for the weather conditions currently.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:25 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KRider830
What did I do today ...

I tried locating the wiring harness for my fog lights, any suggestions on where else the plug that goes to the fog light might be hiding?
You might try looking under the driver's side bumper plastics.
I noticed a plug fall out when I pulled off the old air dam from my sisters truck, didn't know where it went.
You might take a look there.
Originally Posted by joshsbetterhalf

I am one of those people who will beat the snot out of the engine, but at the end of the day, there had better not be any damage to the actual truck, and unfortunately I now have my first major dent. Hopefully not much longer til it's not there.

Also, gonna have to do some troubleshooting when we get back as my four wheel drive isn't engaging. Sucky for the weather conditions currently.

I'm the same way.
I beat the **** outta my stuff, but I maintain it and clean it.
Although I must say, if I am the one that makes the damage, its not as bad, its just an "Awww, ****" moment. Someone else however....
They might see the afterlife.

Anyway, took the battery and tray out TWICE yesterday, first time was a trial run, second time I actually changed the headlights.

Which BTW, why did Dodge, in their infinite wisdom, put the battery right there without any way to remove the headlight housings? Or put the bolts for said housings BEHIND THE BUMPER COVER?!?!?!?!

DAMNIT, I shouldn't have to take off my brush guard and bumper just to get to the damn head lights.
The passenger side took me all of 2.5 minutes (yes, I timed myself), where as the whole thing took me around 30 minutes, 27 of that was the driver's side.
And why did they have to put the adjustment screws in an area that you can't get to?! Sheeze...
I can see better now...

/rant

Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My headlights fit through my brush guard.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Wut?

In order to take the housings out, you have to back out some bumper bolts and tip the bumper down, which in my case, I would have to remove my brush guard in order to do that.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Just give them a firm tug and they'll slide out over the bumper.
Mine took a little sweet talking to get out without touching any of the bumper bolts.
The headlights on my sisters 99 Sport took a lot of sweet talking to get out without taking the bumper loose.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Spun out and got stuck. No damage to the truck aside from its ego. We got pulled out by a Honda...........Ridgeline though. He was 4wd so it wasn't bad but it was a Honda nonetheless.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
I'm the same way.
I beat the **** outta my stuff, but I maintain it and clean it.
Although I must say, if I am the one that makes the damage, its not as bad, its just an "Awww, ****" moment. Someone else however....
They might see the afterlife.
Yea, like today, I slid, my fault. If I did damage, I would've dealt with it if it was bad. However due to where they TOLD me to park, damage was done and will be fixed on THEIR dime.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 PM
tneville
Professional

Sense the snow is not coming i decided to get a few things for the truck. Today i installed my roll bar lights on the bumper because they were to small( now to get some real kc's). I installed new rear shocks and put on a new sticker on the windshield. On top of all this I went to autozone and picked up plugs, wires, distributor and cap. All i need is a 180 degree thermostat and ill be ready to install the new plenum, do the kegger mod and be ready for the sct tune!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Put a new wheel cylinder on my sisters truck.
It took a little bit to figure out how all the springs and junk went on because the 99 drums are different from a 2000 and I didn't take the springs off.
I've got it down on mine because I've already replaced my rear brakes 3 or 4 times since I've had it.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by tneville
Sense the snow is not coming i decided to get a few things for the truck. Today i installed my roll bar lights on the bumper because they were to small( now to get some real kc's). I installed new rear shocks and put on a new sticker on the windshield. On top of all this I went to autozone and picked up plugs, wires, distributor and cap. All i need is a 180 degree thermostat and ill be ready to install the new plenum, do the kegger mod and be ready for the sct tune!
How do you have your lights mounted and wired?

I would like to put some driving lights on my brush guard and need some mounting ideas...

Put a new battery in the truck yesterday, its amazing how many issues can be fixed with a new battery.

Hard start issue: GONE
Dying in driveway: GONE
Cab light flickering: GONE
Lopy idle: BETTER
^lol

My radio display still gets really dim when I flick the headlights on, but it comes back so its ok...for now.

I also discovered that while the PO put an 850CCA battery in the truck, the battery had FAR less reserve time than my new interstate. And I can tell that by just looking at the battery, the new one is SOOO much larger than the old one...it fills the battery tray...

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?