2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:28 PM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't today but was the last 2 days, drove to Michigan from Virginia.

No real work will be being done up here, with the exception of the fuel filter sometime before we head south again.

Other than that, just gonna be out messing around with my fiance and some of his friends in the dually.

Definitely looking like we are going to be moving up here come October.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joshsbetterhalf
Wasn't today but was the last 2 days, drove to Michigan from Virginia.

No real work will be being done up here, with the exception of the fuel filter sometime before we head south again.

Other than that, just gonna be out messing around with my fiance and some of his friends in the dually.

Definitely looking like we are going to be moving up here come October.
Your fuel filter is a sock on the end of the fuel pump assembly inside the gas tank, unless you added an external filter.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:02 AM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Your fuel filter is a sock on the end of the fuel pump assembly inside the gas tank, unless you added an external filter.
It's a diesel. So its mounted on the firewall. He's done them. Just used the auxiliary tank on the way up here so God knows what was pumped through the truck.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:24 AM
tneville
Professional

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
How do you have your lights mounted and wired?
There is metal under the bumper plastic so I just drilled right through it. I used the mounts that came with the light(pretty much just a bolt and a nut) and added some rubber washers so it wouldn't scratch the paint. I ran the power lines to a switch in the cab through the firewall and connected it to the 20amp fuse for the horn. I figured I will never use my horn, my middle finger works just fine.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you have it connected to the fuse? Just spliced/pigtailed (?) in?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Well, wasn't today, but, yesterday......

Went out in the 40 degree temps to once again drop the oil pan, and find out why oil pressure was being funky. Got the pan off, and lo and behold.... I was NOT surprised to find a chunk of rag sucked into the oil pump pickup. Again. This is getting rather annoying, and I am hoping that I am done with this exercise. I am not really happy with the jerk that I suspect (but, can't prove) sabotaged my engine. Haven't quite decided what I am gonna do about it.... if there is anything I CAN do.....

Got it back together, oil pressure is once again good, and the truck doesn't make any rude noises. So, hopefully, that will be the end of it. If I get to do this again..... I am real tempted to just yank the motor, tear it down, and freshen it up a bit while I have it apart to clean it out. Of course, that would mean replacing the heads...... don't have the money for that just yet. Keep my fingers crossed.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:45 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yesterday I put in the second fuel pump this year, I am getting sick and tired of this in tank junk and am looking very hard at a new fuel delivery system. Oh yea I have it down to 1.5hrs to change it out.

Heyyou I can’t believe how you have lucked out with this rag in the oil pan, I would be past mad way past. To make you feel a little better it was 15F when I did the fuel pump yesterday.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Yesterday I put in the second fuel pump this year, I am getting sick and tired of this in tank junk and am looking very hard at a new fuel delivery system. Oh yea I have it down to 1.5hrs to change it out.

Heyyou I can’t believe how you have lucked out with this rag in the oil pan, I would be past mad way past. To make you feel a little better it was 15F when I did the fuel pump yesterday.
Oh, I AM HIGHLY pissed. Just not a lot I can do about it.... Which is frustrating.

You have my sincerest sympathies on the working out in the cold thing... I hate that...... Need to recover my garage so I can actually WORK in there.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:34 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

hey you. i know the way you feel. i have been storing my 91 at my aunts house for the last 2 month. i went up there the other day for a Christmas get together and found out that someone managed to break into my truck. both doors were unlocked, someone stole the gas cap and someone put a hole in the drivers side rear marker light. i am hoping to get it back here April 1st so i won't have to worry about it.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
hey you. i know the way you feel. i have been storing my 91 at my aunts house for the last 2 month. i went up there the other day for a Christmas get together and found out that someone managed to break into my truck. both doors were unlocked, someone stole the gas cap and someone put a hole in the drivers side rear marker light. i am hoping to get it back here April 1st so i won't have to worry about it.
I despise people that do that kind of stuff.....

[best mr. t voice] I pity the fool that I catch doing ANYTHING to my truck. [/best mr. t voice]

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?