2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by 99dodge318
Fixed my sagging doors with a couple of washers and the diy thread

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-faqs-diys-and-how-to-s/232877-diy-sagging-door-fix.html

Took me about a hour but thats because I had to realign the door pin

I really like how it turned out and it only costs me $1!

The reason I did this is because lately my drivers door did not want to close all the way and I was tired of hearing the door rattle every time I hit a bump.

While I was installing the washers I also found out the head of the lower bolt on the upper hinge is snapped off.

How would I get this bolt out? I tried taking the door panel off but there is very little thread showing.
Take the door off, soak the bolt in chems, then drill it out..... should be able to get the rest with an easy out.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:15 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found what was causing the squeak, 3 rocks wedged between the bottom of the spindle and the dust shield on the passenger side. No more squeak

Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 AM
safrantz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seaham358
Went to the scrap yard today, they had a 99 1500 extended cab with the same color interior as my 2500 so I picked up some interior parts.. Glove box, cup holder, piece under steering wheel and the 2 pieces that go down along the windshield a AM/FM/CD Cassette and a 60/40 seat for $50... Got everything installed except the seat, the seat will need to be modified because my seat mounts are higher. My buddy has a seat in a 2500 with a 60/40 and were gonna see if we can swap out the brackets if not we'll be cutting and welding something up.

Let me know what you find - I'm going to replace the seats in my 96 Dodge Ram 1500. I pulled the driver seat to look at the brackets and measured them... that way I can go to the salvage yard and check all types of seats and see if they are worth while... Main reason I want to replace them is because the driver window was busted out when I got the truck and they smell a bit... also I have to find where the leak is in my windshield... or at least I think it's there, my passenger side floor carpet is soaked... it rained 3 days ago???

Pics of measured driver seat brackets...https://plus.google.com/photos/10699...66850542741825

Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 AM
safrantz
Professional

I installed a trailer hitch today.

Picked up a Reese #37069 multihitch from a salvage yard... while I was there, googled the part # and found that it was roughly a 200 dollar hitch. It was the hitch and I found the receiver on another truck, I walked out of there with a 200 dollar hitch for 37 bucks. I'll need to get another bolt to hold the receiver on, because the one that is on it, is 10x too long, but hey, I can't pull anything until the tranny is fixed!

Pics... https://plus.google.com/photos/10699...71386445772657

Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re-did some of my wiring for my lights, decided the electrical tape splice wasn't all that safe. So I fixed it.
Also put a washer between the bracket and my mount, going to lowes today to get permanent ones.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by safrantz
Let me know what you find - I'm going to replace the seats in my 96 Dodge Ram 1500. I pulled the driver seat to look at the brackets and measured them... that way I can go to the salvage yard and check all types of seats and see if they are worth while... Main reason I want to replace them is because the driver window was busted out when I got the truck and they smell a bit... also I have to find where the leak is in my windshield... or at least I think it's there, my passenger side floor carpet is soaked... it rained 3 days ago???

Pics of measured driver seat brackets...https://plus.google.com/photos/10699...66850542741825
Might want to replace your 3rd brake light gasket. They have been known to cause leaks and cause water to end up in the front.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:24 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

some of my headlight wires chaffed thru and burnt out so i spent some time rewireing my headlights

Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
jas4sons

Got the rear end lifted today with rough country blocks. Was able to just take the U-bolts off and put the jack under the leaf springs. Lifted it up high enough for the extra block to fit lowered the spring and put the new U-bolts on. Didn't have to jack the truck up or take off tires. Wish the front was that easy. I also replaced the rear shocks with new rough country shocks. Thinking about Mickey Thompson side biter rims and nitto trail grappler tires.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:43 PM
seaham358
Rookie

Originally Posted by safrantz

LMK where the leak is.. I have the same problem.. Pass side is always wet after a rain, it's coming from the windshield area but where I do not know. I yanked the rubber floor out last summer and have not put it back yet, trying to find the source first.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
seaham358
Rookie

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
Might want to replace your 3rd brake light gasket. They have been known to cause leaks and cause water to end up in the front.
Funny you say that, my friend told me the same thing the other day
... I just took mine off today and there was no gasket that I could see. I used a bunch of silicon. I sure this is the source of the water I was getting on my seat belt on the drivers side. Always had water in the back corner drivers side..

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?