2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Gomer03
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyhow...

Installed a new high flow oil pump, new feeder tube, and oil pan gasket yesterday.

Today, the transmission was rebuilt...and a cooler added. I pick it up tomorrow.

The transmission was too far gone for me to even do the work myself....typical..lol

Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally finished making that little teflon wheel for the window track with the help of a band saw, a drill, a flashlight and a steady hand.
Now I just need to put my passenger door panel back on, it's been off for a few months.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Sold the tool box out of the bed, need to sell bedliner.

Went up to gas station...1/2 tank 46.50...no lube!

Ordered front pads and track bar bushing from Rock auto

Old 03-05-2011, 08:22 PM
spiltmybrains
Default what is a modded kegger

I keep hearing about modded keggers I know to some extent that it is a intake modification but thats it please divulge is it something worth looking in too thanks for your time

Old 03-05-2011, 10:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by spiltmybrains
I keep hearing about modded keggers I know to some extent that it is a intake modification but thats it please divulge is it something worth looking in too thanks for your time
If you haven't done your plenum yet, then it is indeed something worth looking into. There are a boat load of threads on this topic, and even a couple DIY's as well. (in the faq section.) If you plan on doing other mods to your engine, modding the keg will compliment them nicely.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:34 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got an excuse to open up the horns when some putz pulled out from a side street in front of me. It opened his eyes wide when he heard what sounded a lot like a freight train coming at him, and then lifted his middle finger as he gassed it hard to get out of the way. It was a most satisfying experience and leads me to believe that others are more impressed with the sound pressure level than I am.

I'm thinking now that when I put on my Outback bumper I'm going to put a second Compact Nautilus behind it, on the driver's side. But it's only 3dB more...

Old 03-06-2011, 12:27 AM
KY BIGRAM
Veteran

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I got an excuse to open up the horns when some putz pulled out from a side street in front of me. It opened his eyes wide when he heard what sounded a lot like a freight train coming at him, and then lifted his middle finger as he gassed it hard to get out of the way. It was a most satisfying experience and leads me to believe that others are more impressed with the sound pressure level than I am.

I'm thinking now that when I put on my Outback bumper I'm going to put a second Compact Nautilus behind it, on the driver's side. But it's only 3dB more...

AIR HORNS ROCK

Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday my bro in law finally got a day off work and made me a new s bolt. Got that all snugged down.

Tightened up my hose clamp for my air horns. Not sure if I still have a leak or not. The compressor seems to be running longer than it should. I said screw it and ordered one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AZ-Di...mZ220697050128 it comes with basically everything needed to install it. I'll have to get a bracket/holder thing for it. The idea i have is to drill a hole in the holder and put a LED in it so when my pressure switch triggers the compressor on it lights up. I can hear the compressor most times but driving down the road it's hard to hear. I want something that lets me know it's running

Old 03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
New 96
Rookie
Default Till the weather breaks

Just did some minor things to the truck to keep me motivated till the good weather gets here ..Painted the Rims and the lower half of the truck

Old 03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I took out my steerign gear and replaced the upper pitman arm seal, hopefully that will cure the leak so I can park in the grass again and also stop the b^tching since my truck wont leak anymore.

Also took a picture of the grille emblem I installed....ended up drilling throught the grille and putting a screw into the back of the emblem( it had a threaded hole and was f^cking heavy so I thought it needed more than RTV)
Name:  Photo0781.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  63.9 KB

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?