2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Hylander7
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Removed the Alarm/Remote start/ Auto door lock system.
What a job ! Wires everywhere.
However it was profesionally installed, nice system but I didn't really need it or want all those wires under the dash.
Just more stuff to go wrong.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 PM
a-master
Veteran

Originally Posted by offroadjosh
^^^ missing a few bolts...? Brake switch wired to horn, something!
My dad pranked me good when I first got the truck. Installed a horn to the drivers side turn signal on a switch. Waited a few weeks for me to do the amp and sub upgrades, and flipped the switch before I got up to do it. Sneaky sneaky...

Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
If I was working on the ex-wife's anything - you can be assured there would be SOME mischief involved........but that's me.....
Well I think they are trying to work things out so....

But we got to break something, broke 2 bolts for the flange on the exhaust.

Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed the new radiator today, sorry no pictures, nothing there worth looking at anyway...

It really surprises me that Dodge didn't over complicate the radiator design, it was WAY too easy, but I'm not complaining...

Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

started the ballast box. got the box completed, tomorrow ill get pics of the box, and then ill finished it up. trying to figure out how i want to secure it, and whether or not i wasnt to use 12 solid concrete 4x8x16 blocks, or put plywood on the bottom and mix, and pour concrete into the box with some eye bolts and make the whole thing removeable with a hoist. going for 400-600 pounds.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:39 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Most of the boxes of that nature that I have seen, have two boards that run the full width of the box, in front and back of the wheel wells, to locate the box directly over the axle... holds it in place nicely.

If you decide to pour concrete into it, also run some re-bar thru the boards, to help hold the concrete in the box.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an old tire with concrete poured in it with a rebar eye out the top. Works well, doesn't slide around.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Most of the boxes of that nature that I have seen, have two boards that run the full width of the box, in front and back of the wheel wells, to locate the box directly over the axle... holds it in place nicely.

If you decide to pour concrete into it, also run some re-bar thru the boards, to help hold the concrete in the box.
the ballast will be resting against my tailgate. the point of a ballast for a plow truck is to get some of the weight off the front end.

putting the ballast directly over the rear axle, or in front of the rear axle would add more weight to the front axle.

so against the tailgate it goes, im still debating on pouring concrete or just getting blocks. if i go with blocks i might make an identical box, and attach it to the top of the current box and double the capacity. of course ill be running boards from the box, to the front of the bed for support, along with some sort of restraint to hook to the tie downs in the bed.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 AM
jeff618
Amateur
Arrow

Ordered some "solux" upgrade headlight bulbs and some new "neoform" wiper blades...pretty good deal at headlights123. I'll keep you posted when I get them and install everything....

Old 02-13-2012, 10:19 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered catch can. Just one more step to catch crank oil before re-entering intake.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?