2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went out to start my truck to drive back from my friends house, and was very disappointed when it took lots of cranking to fire up New IAC helped when it did catch and start, no sputtering to life like before, but still took WAY too many rotations to fire. IAC also seems to be helping keep things smoother when I let off the throttle (which completely closes butterflies) to shift gears or come to a stop. I am not sure where to go from here... Oh well. At least it's a reliable truck, and getting better all the time.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Motorizer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
And always remember, Freedom of Speech INCLUDES volume.
hahahahaha that is very true

Old 06-05-2012, 10:10 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I went out to start my truck to drive back from my friends house, and was very disappointed when it took lots of cranking to fire up New IAC helped when it did catch and start, no sputtering to life like before, but still took WAY too many rotations to fire. IAC also seems to be helping keep things smoother when I let off the throttle (which completely closes butterflies) to shift gears or come to a stop. I am not sure where to go from here... Oh well. At least it's a reliable truck, and getting better all the time.
Have you checked fir a leaky injector? I hear that this will cause the cylinder to fill up and foul a plug which makes it hard to start then once u do get it running it starts back up fine until u let it sit for awhile.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

No I haven't. The issue first started when I replaced the plenum... maybe I will get new O-rings and carefully install them... I didn't lube or replace them last time. Thanks for the tip!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No I haven't. The issue first started when I replaced the plenum... maybe I will get new O-rings and carefully install them... I didn't lube or replace them last time. Thanks for the tip!

Do you have a dickfer?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sarmikgar
Paid $290 for all five from Summit including tax and shipp, $50 mail in rebate on them when you get 4, so $240 after all is said and done.
Cool. Thanks. I might be getting new shocks at what not soon if I can't fix my suspension bounce issue.
Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Do you have a dickfer?
That was so random.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

have you thought about trying to clean them when they are out? don't look too hard and you don't have to use 12v. you could use a AA battery which is probably better for the injector.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

^^ Nope. Never even heard of that. I will watch the video when I'm off. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
have you thought about trying to clean them when they are out? don't look too hard and you don't have to use 12v. you could use a AA battery which is probably better for the injector.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJlTfHyrUk
You're better off buying an inexpensive sonic cleaner and cleaning the injectors with that.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
You're better off buying an inexpensive sonic cleaner and cleaning the injectors with that.
I agree. Or send them off ti RC and pay them $175 to clean and blueprint each injector.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?