2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:54 PM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changed plugs, cap and rotor. Had no idea caps with brass contacts were so hard to find in Austin. Next on list is some good wires, ball joints and a leveling kit.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Today I installed those motor mount inserts from Energy Suspension, what a difference they made to the truck, it’s never been like this before not even when it was new. My motor mounts where new about a year ago, I replaced them because I thought the org mounts were shot or relaxed too much. The new ones made a little difference to the truck but not much, I still felt there was too much movement in the stock mounts. So I started a hunt for some type of better mount for these trucks, I did not have much luck for a whole motor mount but last week I found these inserts for a 2nd gen diesel. The rubber mounts looked the same as the gas mounts so I ordered at set up and installed them today, about 2hrs work not too bad, the pass side was a pita for me because of the header, those with stock manifolds I would say about 1.5 hrs to do this job or less. For me lots of soapy water worked wonders in getting everything fitting right, without too much of a fight.

Just one of the things I have noticed on a short trip was that I can hardly tell that the trany has shifted to another gear, that annoying what I thought was a tc shudder is gone, 90% of any and all little vibes that have always been there are gone, going from D to R is like nothing has even happened.

For the $80CDN they cost me this is my number one improvement for under a $100 heck for under $800 for that matter,I have seen them listed in the US for $50 or less.

You can see how the new inserts are molded to fit inside the rubber part of the motor mount.

These are a must have item for anyone having these types of mounts..

Energy Suspension part number is 5.1114

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...ame&Sec=131674

See thru hanger type motor mount, not too much holding up our motors.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might take some heat for this but I got curious, how fast can I go in 2nd gear without redlining? Well I got up to about 70mph at around 4k. Probably goes a bit faster....

Interesting.....

Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On second attempt at applying tint to rear window.....mucked it up......

Old 08-30-2012, 09:47 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Might take some heat for this but I got curious, how fast can I go in 2nd gear without redlining? Well I got up to about 70mph at around 4k. Probably goes a bit faster....

Interesting.....
How is that transmission issue comin along lol

Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by dlyter09
How is that transmission issue comin along lol
Got to do a band adjustment, had to get some clarification on whether or not the adjustment process needed to be repeated or not.

Problem hasn't escalated past reverse, drive gears still running strong.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More seafoam (to the gas)..Did the 'hold the trip button and turn the key three times' thing..It kinda worked, it said check, all the gauge needles moved but no codes or anything..CEL is sill on...

Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to do a band adjustment, had to get some clarification on whether or not the adjustment process needed to be repeated or not.

Hopefully ya get it figured out man.. upgrades are always nice though haha

Old 08-30-2012, 10:38 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Quote:

Hopefully ya get it figured out man.. upgrades are always nice though haha
Yup. Gdstock shared some of his knowledge with me, should be good to go.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Today I installed those motor mount inserts from Energy Suspension, what a difference they made to the truck, it’s never been like this before not even when it was new. My motor mounts where new about a year ago, I replaced them because I thought the org mounts were shot or relaxed too much. The new ones made a little difference to the truck but not much, I still felt there was too much movement in the stock mounts. So I started a hunt for some type of better mount for these trucks, I did not have much luck for a whole motor mount but last week I found these inserts for a 2nd gen diesel. The rubber mounts looked the same as the gas mounts so I ordered at set up and installed them today, about 2hrs work not too bad, the pass side was a pita for me because of the header, those with stock manifolds I would say about 1.5 hrs to do this job or less. For me lots of soapy water worked wonders in getting everything fitting right, without too much of a fight.

Just one of the things I have noticed on a short trip was that I can hardly tell that the trany has shifted to another gear, that annoying what I thought was a tc shudder is gone, 90% of any and all little vibes that have always been there are gone, going from D to R is like nothing has even happened.

For the $80CDN they cost me this is my number one improvement for under a $100 heck for under $800 for that matter,I have seen them listed in the US for $50 or less.

You can see how the new inserts are molded to fit inside the rubber part of the motor mount.

These are a must have item for anyone having these types of mounts..

Energy Suspension part number is 5.1114

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...ame&Sec=131674

See thru hanger type motor mount, not too much holding up our motors.

When you say "That annoying what you thought was a TC Shudder is gone" can you describe it? What RPM/Speed.. exactly the scenario that your describing?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?