2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got my trucks interior all back together. ran water over the roof to check for leaks on my newly installed cab lights, and there were none!

just gotta vacuum the floors because of all the sand thats on the floor i can put the kick panels back on.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:57 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You ran the water before or after putting the headliner back in? Before would be a better plan.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
You ran the water before or after putting the headliner back in? Before would be a better plan.
of course it was before. i may be french, but im not that french hahahahahahaha.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
of course it was before. i may be french, but im not that french hahahahahahaha.
LOL

Then post your replies in the right order.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welded up my exhaust today, it has only been 10 years since the last time I welded, so I think I did fairly well. Was using a Lincoln Electric Handy Mig.

Still have a few leaks to close up, think I'll get redneck and just use some exhaust weld stuff.... Haven't replaced O2's yet, soon.

Here's a video, straight pipe to stock muffler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhX4W...ature=youtu.be

Next will be either a CherryBomb or Magnaflow....

Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom of my ram was starting to rust so i prepped it and sprayed the bottom half of my two tone today with EZ liner bedliner and then I topped it spray paint from Napa. Code I used was QFA and then I topped that with clear coat. Looks really good.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by stewie01
Welded up my exhaust today, it has only been 10 years since the last time I welded, so I think I did fairly well. Was using a Lincoln Electric Handy Mig.

Still have a few leaks to close up, think I'll get redneck and just use some exhaust weld stuff.... Haven't replaced O2's yet, soon.

Here's a video, straight pipe to stock muffler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhX4W...ature=youtu.be

Next will be either a CherryBomb or Magnaflow....
Wow.
That just shows how well the stock muffler flows, I guess. Mine isn't even that loud and I've got a Thrush on it.
After timing set, new cat and o2's are on my list.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Bottom of my ram was starting to rust so i prepped it and sprayed the bottom half of my two tone today with EZ liner bedliner and then I topped it spray paint from Napa. Code I used was QFA and then I topped that with clear coat. Looks really good.
I know it's a fact of life in salt country, but I still scratch my head at rust being such a problem. The spark plug heat shields on my Ram are still like new. The factory muffler looks like it could have just been installed and the exhaust pipe, while orangey-brown, is still just a solid steel pipe, no crust or holes. My axles and all components still have the factory paint without any rust or corrosion. I lived in Columbus, Ohio for 4 years, so I get the rust thing, but I am thankful that, if I bump a panel or scratch through paint under the bed, that's the way it'll be the next 100 years-without any work at all.

p.s. Any pics? I am seriously thinking of doing that to mine, but to protect against the mesquite, rather than rust.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Picked up my new rims and tires and paid for my tuner !

Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Checked bearings in belt tensioner (6203 LU) and idler pulley (CG 425). They were good. Will pick up new bearings next time I go to Abilene to get paint and 18 ga sheet metal for project car.

Replaced front wheel bearings, added 14oz. gear oil in diff and topped of trans fluid. Chasing growling noise. Rear axle bearings go in tomorrow as well as new tires put on (ordered them today). Drained catch can...about 2 oz. Changed oil.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?