2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

loaded my dana 70 into the bed of my truck(again), by myself too. damn that is one heavy axle! gonna bring it to the transmission shop tomorrow to have the carrier re-installed, because the previous own removed it to replaced the carrier bearings(which are just fine). dana 60 axle is getting installed(hopefully) by the end of november. gotta start buying parts for it. needs new calipers, pads, rotors, hub bearings, and a drivers side axle shaft.

after that i gotta figure out the sway bar issue. axle is a 94-99 model, and i have a 2001 truck. completely different sway bars, and links.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sprayed all the rubber bushings with white lithium grease.
shocks, leaf springs, body mounts, suspension arms, sway bar, stabilizer, track bar.

that wasn't very high tech, but something's been making a thumping noise when flexing over rough ground. let's see if it helps.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
loaded my dana 70 into the bed of my truck(again), by myself too. damn that is one heavy axle!
I am saying this as a friend. That was a stupid thing to do! I loaded a 44/60 set into the back of mine a week ago with my fiance helping me and THAT was rough! Be careful of your back, once it goes, it's gone...

Today I drove my ram to the first day of my new full time job at Genie (blue/grey lifts/booms). Unfortunately it is a 70 mile round trip commute, so I hope to find a carpool once I am done with this week of training and at my real work station. At least it's 4-10 shifts with periodic mandatory Friday overtime, so I will usually only make the commute 4 times a week. I am very excited to work at this company, and hope to be here for a while at least. Next thing on my to do list... buy a house.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:12 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
I am saying this as a friend. That was a stupid thing to do! I loaded a 44/60 set into the back of mine a week ago with my fiance helping me and THAT was rough! Be careful of your back, once it goes, it's gone...

Today I drove my ram to the first day of my new full time job at Genie (blue/grey lifts/booms). Unfortunately it is a 70 mile round trip commute, so I hope to find a carpool once I am done with this week of training and at my real work station. At least it's 4-10 shifts with periodic mandatory Friday overtime, so I will usually only make the commute 4 times a week. I am very excited to work at this company, and hope to be here for a while at least. Next thing on my to do list... buy a house.

Or something else... Just recently a rugby player lost a ******** after a collision with another player...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/08/sport/...html?hpt=hp_t3

Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think someone needs to shrink there sig pic a bit but it looks good.

i changed the thermostat in my 81. getting it ready for winter. also notice a crack in my rad support so i am going to have to fix that and maybe replace it. not sure what i want to do to it yet.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Weld it up, grind and paint to match!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
my back is already bad. i fell 8~ feet from a tree house ladder when i was 11, and damaged my lower back muscles in the process. im only 23. my fiance did help me load the axle, but all she did was make sure the diff housing was not hanging down do i could slide it in. other than that, i did it by myself.

i lifted the exle so it was upright, then leaned it against my tailgate. after that i lifted it, and slid it into the bed.

wasnt hard, just heavy as hell!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
Weld it up, grind and paint to match!
lol. easier said than done. i should have got a pic of the base of the rad support. not too much left holding it up. found another one for $100 but i figure i could talk the guy down.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed my Hughes Performance Deep Aluminum Transmission Pan today. Holds an extra 4 quarts of fluid. It's cast aluminium so definitely should hold up better than the factory pan.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUP-HP1580/

Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Hylander7
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a new Magnaflow Cat installed

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?