2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Halojm
No I went to Exeter class of 93. I lived on Butter Lane. Antietam school was actually closer to my house than Exeter was. Wow my dad use to drag me to the RMC every year when I was a kid. Also went to Berks County Votech school down there in Oley for Carpentry.

Jamie
Holy Crap you are old! I was BORN in '92...

I would recommend removing the jet chip. Tuner's actually reprogram the PCM, while a chip just modifies the stock outputs to make them a bit more aggressive. Problem is, the PCM automatically adjusts it's outputs so that the inputs it receives back match the factory spec/tune. So the computer actually beats the chip, rendering it useless.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Halojm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Holy Crap you are old! I was BORN in '92...

I would recommend removing the jet chip. Tuner's actually reprogram the PCM, while a chip just modifies the stock outputs to make them a bit more aggressive. Problem is, the PCM automatically adjusts it's outputs so that the inputs it receives back match the factory spec/tune. So the computer actually beats the chip, rendering it useless.
LOL, I'm only pushing 40 next year. The past 18 years spent in the Army is keeping me youthful.

I'm gonna take that chip out tomorrow and see if there's a difference. Maybe post it on eBay and hope some gullible YOUNG ram owner buys it.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:13 PM
dlyter09
Champion

How much HP gain does it give? I would be interested... I just ordered my Throttle body spacers today... Lookin for some more cheap and easy horsepower

Old 11-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
How much HP gain does it give? I would be interested... I just ordered my Throttle body spacers today... Lookin for some more cheap and easy horsepower
I hope you ordered 2. More is better.

Recently I routed my exhaust into my intake sort of like a turbocharger. The more I rev the more air gets forced into the throttle body. I am trying to figure out why this idea hasn't caught on yet...

Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Halojm
Professional

Originally Posted by dlyter09
I will drop it off next time I'm in PA. Being in the Army and a PA Dutchman, I was stationed in the New Cumberland Army Depot years ago....right across the river.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will drop it off next time I'm in PA. Being in the Army and a PA Dutchman, I was stationed in the New Cumberland Army Depot years ago....right across the river.

Wade, Nc huh? I spent most of my life as a juvenile around Apex, Angier, and Raleigh.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, I'm only pushing 40 next year. The past 18 years spent in the Army is keeping me youthful.

I'm gonna take that chip out tomorrow and see if there's a difference. Maybe post it on eBay and hope some gullible YOUNG ram owner buys it.
Well even tho I am young I am not guillible!

Old 11-24-2012, 07:25 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
I hope you ordered 2. More is better.

Recently I routed my exhaust into my intake sort of like a turbocharger. The more I rev the more air gets forced into the throttle body. I am trying to figure out why this idea hasn't caught on yet...
I did say spacers didnt i?? gee im smart enough to know i need 2

Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Nereaga
Captain

No I went to Exeter class of 93. I lived on Butter Lane. Antietam school was actually closer to my house than Exeter was. Wow my dad use to drag me to the RMC every year when I was a kid. Also went to Berks County Votech school down there in Oley for Carpentry.

Jamie
Gotcha, class of 99 for me. I travel on butter lane daily... Still the same I'm sure! Lol

Old 11-24-2012, 07:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Spacers AND a chip? Man, you better think of upgrading your transmission, and rear end while your at it....

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?