2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:17 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J McWillis
Nah, it's a naughty little Dodge decal. First thing I thought was "cool, a hughes decal" then noticed it was nothing but paper. Got myself a new bypass hose too. Any other advice is more than welcome.
I almost forgot, while you have the intake off is the best time to service the EGR system if equiped. You will regret not doing it when you have to lay across the engine to do it later. Mine only needed some carb/choke cleaner and some compressed air but with 260k.... Let's just say you might need some new gloves. LOL

Old 06-05-2010, 09:43 PM
J McWillis
Professional

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
I almost forgot, while you have the intake off is the best time to service the EGR system if equiped. You will regret not doing it when you have to lay across the engine to do it later. Mine only needed some carb/choke cleaner and some compressed air but with 260k.... Let's just say you might need some new gloves. LOL
Already taken care of. I may be a new guy on here but I read EVERYTHING I could before I even made my first post . I do appreciate it though. And now I'm proud to say everything is DONE! And I only goofed up one time.. Stupid EGR pipe snapped my oil sending unit in half. I think it's time for that cold beverage now..

Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we accidently went mudding....those dodge sure like to whip around...lol

Old 06-06-2010, 08:58 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

put an ad on craigslist for my truck i hate the economy

Old 06-07-2010, 02:21 PM
bigslick050
All Star

^^^^^^^Dude you really gonna fold under the pressure? Sure times are tough, but in time we will pull through

Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 PM
bigtman07
Captain

Well got a call from the stealership today. Found out what my ABS and BRAKE light was. They say its the actual ABS Module that has gone bad. So need to find one of those. Any ideas where to get one without selling the house lol. Also they wanted freakin 77 bucks to replace a 6 dollar part. WTF Dam stealership lol. Sorry venting.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Sniperinhisname
Professional

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
we accidently went mudding....those dodge sure like to whip around...lol
i'm kinda curious. how do you accidentally go mudding? hahahaha

Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtman07
Well got a call from the stealership today. Found out what my ABS and BRAKE light was. They say its the actual ABS Module that has gone bad. So need to find one of those. Any ideas where to get one without selling the house lol. Also they wanted freakin 77 bucks to replace a 6 dollar part. WTF Dam stealership lol. Sorry venting.

from my expieremce with this problem, ive noticed that its mostly the abs sensor on the top of the rear diff, ive also seen where a wrecker picks the vehicle up and puts J hooks on the rear axle to secure it to the flat bed, but what this does sometimes if not careful, the wire gets pinched off and breaks. i would check the wires, then replace the sensor if you havent already done so....

anyways back to what i did, well yesterday, i broke 2 wheel studs on the rear when i was rotating my tires, only did the driver side after 2 broke on the same wheel. so i went to autozone, and picked up 2 studs, and lug nuts for ~$11.00, gonna replace those, thank god i dont have to pull the rear axle to get em out.

also gonna do new shoes on the rear, pads and rotors up front, considering doing the 1 ton wheel cylinder upgrade.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

Originally Posted by bigtman07
affordable auto parts out in drexel.... 937-263-2516

well the mudding story,,,, frist off when we or i go mudding i dont go by myselft and i walk the spot frist and we have shovels and tow/chains... and i dont go in the dodge unleast its just to wacth

so when to go check out this new spot drove out also night time found the place and they said just go over this little hill and then stop and you will see it............mmmmmmm bull $hit went over the hill and was in it!!! truck was going down like sub!!... got on it wiping it around didnt know were to go because i didnt walk it,,,hit a spot when i was out there like the dukes of hazzard(just like a foot in the front) stayed on the gas till i found my way out

and thats the way you accidentally go mudding

Old 06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
put an ad on craigslist for my truck i hate the economy

that to bad

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?