2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The deer around here are in rut, and hunting season opened a several weeks ago. The area between here and Austin are thick with deer. One jumped out about 30 ft in front of me last Friday when I was coming back home and was gone before I could even hit my brakes. I hate driving that road after dark. There is a reason for deer to be so addle brained. Drivers that drive stupid...not so much. Some drives scare me to death!

Got in the Ram and ran to Post Office and do some other errands today. Think I will take it to Austin this week. Less gas milage that Tacoma, but a more comfortable ride. Been trying to drive it a little each weekend when I get home to keep battery up and make sure everything is OK.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:51 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

my aunts boyfriend totaled his Subaru 9 days ago after he hit a deer. apparently this deer was not quick enough.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

I am all mobile today, but I will try to get something up in a few minutes.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Ok, is there colored chalk on those rocks/concrete? Cuz your rock slider dodad is multicolored, you noticed that right?
The rock has natural colors of yellows and browns/tans, etc. My sliders don't touch those rocks. They are multicolored b/c I had my girls paint them.

Wombat -- Now you're gonna get a build on!!

srsly -- sorry about the wreck. it's like once you've got it set....another bite in the ****.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
The rock has natural colors of yellows and browns/tans, etc. My sliders don't touch those rocks. They are multicolored b/c I had my girls paint them.
I had thought about that, just didn't put it in the thread..

Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

My bumper was using brackets from a stock bumper, so it was pushed in pretty bad. The entire impact was focused on the one corner for my truck, but for the other guy the impact was spread over the fender and both doors, so it looks worse for me. It's kind of embarrassing haha, but if I had the 1/4" plate steel brackets I used to mount that bumper to my power wagon, or something similar, it wouldn't have budged. Without further ado...

Old 11-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Nope. I have an ARB sitting in my garage.
For the Ford axle?

Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks Wombat, but it doesn't look too bad. Gonna keep the pending check and fix her yourself?

Old 11-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
My bumper was using brackets from a stock bumper, so it was pushed in pretty bad. The entire impact was focused on the one corner for my truck, but for the other guy the impact was spread over the fender and both doors, so it looks worse for me. It's kind of embarrassing haha, but if I had the 1/4" plate steel brackets I used to mount that bumper to my power wagon, or something similar, it wouldn't have budged. Without further ado...

Were you locked up prior to the hit?

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
For the Ford axle?
Fosho

Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Sucks Wombat, but it doesn't look too bad. Gonna keep the pending check and fix her yourself?
Heck yea I am! It needs a head light, fender, hood, core support, frame horns straightened, grill, bumper brackets, and then paint. I figure when I hit up the dealer for an appraisal and have the check cut to my name I might be able to pay for the entire truck, everything I've done to it, from start to finish

Fingers crossed... Gdstock I might need a crash course in body work... Otherwise this thing might end up spray bombed. Maybe I will get lucky and find straight red body parts in the yard with good paint!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?